Re: Use Brains, Avoid "Pathriarkese"

  • Jithu Jacob
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
      I am also suggesting we can use "Jacobite Syrian Orthodox church".

      Jithu Jacob
      Regds,
      Jithu Jacob
      # 4008
    • Paulson Paul.V.
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
        Totally agree with Alex. The no.of obstacles we are facing day by
        day from the "Methran Faction" is a result of simple but sensitive
        matters we've ignored in the past, similar in this case. Many a
        times, we've dug our own grave, which our Church leaders should give
        it a thought. It would be great if this matter is taken to all our
        Church leaders and unanimously agree to call it as JSO Church, and
        not at all "Pathriarkese faction".

        God Bless

        In Peace,
        Paul
        # 1047

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Alex Thomas wrote:

        > Dear All,
        >
        > Though I want to keep away from posting messages in SOCM-FORUM,
        about this issue I feel that I should initiate a debate and request
        deliberate, that most readers will want to know why there is a
        message "Avoid Pathriarkese" in SOCM_FORUM. The subject is not about
        avoiding our beloved HH Patriarch but about avoiding the
        usage "PATHRIARKESE FACTION" while we represent our Holy Church. It
        is a very sad thing that we ourselves are promoting a plot of the
        Devalokam think tanks.

      • Vinup Vendrapill
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 4, 2008
          We are Syrian Orthodox and we have right to be called as Jacobite
          syrian orthodox chruch. They (IOC)should not use the word Orhtodox itself. How can they become an orthodox. IOC have only an history of 100 years from life time of vattesseril Methrachan. WHat is meaning of Orthodox. And new Sabha with new policies and faith ..how they can be an Orthodox.

          So what we have do we have use the name Jacobite Syrian Orthodox
          chruch in every where. and we should not address IOC as orhtodox
          churhc. They are only a faction with in our chruch or they are a
          seprate church with diffrent faith like Malakara reethu and Mathoma
          chruch.

          With regards
          Vinup Vendrapill
          Muscat.

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Alex Thomas wrote:

          > Dear All,
          >
          > Though I want to keep away from posting messages in SOCM-FORUM,
          about this issue I feel that I should initiate a debate and request
          deliberate, that most readers will want to know why there is a
          message "Avoid Pathriarkese" in SOCM_FORUM. The subject is not about
          avoiding our beloved HH Patriarch but about avoiding the
          usage "PATHRIARKESE FACTION" while we represent our Holy Church. It
          is a very sad thing that we ourselves are promoting a plot of the
          Devalokam think tanks.

          From the desk of the Moderator:
          (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com)and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.