Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1571 , Mar 3, 2008
      "We say that every good thing, which by God's providence befalls us, is an operation of the Grace which worketh in us all things, as the apostle says, 'But all these worketh that one and the self same Spirit dividing to every man severally as He will.' If we ask, if the supply of good things which thus comes to the saints has its origin in the Holy Spirit alone, we are on the other hand guided by Scripture to the belief that of the supply of the good things which are wrought in us through the Holy Spirit, the Originator and Cause is the Only-begotten God; for we are taught by Holy Scripture that 'All things were made by Him,' and 'by Him consist.'"

      St. Basil the Great.

      "In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God." Psalm 62:7
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1571 of 1571 , Feb 10 7:09 PM

        "Even if we should have mounted to the very pinnacle of virtue, let us consider ourselves last of all; having learned that pride is able to cast down even from the heavens themselves him who takes not heed, and humbleness of mind to bear up on high from the very abyss of sins him who knows how to be sober. For this it was that placed the publican before the Pharisee."

           St. John Chrysostom.

        "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."  Ephesians 5:1-2

        Prayer Requests:

        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke and 8 years old Cassie - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.
        Dena T.