Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1568 , Mar 3, 2008
      "We say that every good thing, which by God's providence befalls us, is an operation of the Grace which worketh in us all things, as the apostle says, 'But all these worketh that one and the self same Spirit dividing to every man severally as He will.' If we ask, if the supply of good things which thus comes to the saints has its origin in the Holy Spirit alone, we are on the other hand guided by Scripture to the belief that of the supply of the good things which are wrought in us through the Holy Spirit, the Originator and Cause is the Only-begotten God; for we are taught by Holy Scripture that 'All things were made by Him,' and 'by Him consist.'"

      St. Basil the Great.

      "In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God." Psalm 62:7
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1568 of 1568 , Feb 7 6:32 PM

        "A burning-glass only sets fire to wood, paper, or any other combustible material when we place it in such a position that the rays of the sun, concentrated in the focus of the glass, being all concentrated upon one point of the object, will act upon it through their entire combined power, and thus direct upon the object, as it were, the whole sun on a small scale. It is thus also during prayer, when our souls are warmed, vivified, and inflamed by the wise sun - God, when through our intellect, acting like the burning-glass, we direct upon our heart, as the spiritual point of our being, the mental Sun, and when it acts upon the heart with all its singleness and power."

           St. John of Kronstadt.

        "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth."  Colossians 3:2

        Prayer Requests:

        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke and 8 years old Cassie - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.
        Dena T.