Re: Use Brains, Avoid “Pathriarkese”

  • Vinup Pathrose
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 29, 2008
      Dear All

      We should use aleast officially parthiakeese vibhagam.. We Must Use
      our church name as "Jacobite Syrian Orthodox church". That is right
      way and should not use only Jacobite chruch. We should use Jacobite
      syrian orthodox chruch.

      Vinup Pathrose

      ========================
      From the desk of the Moderator:
      (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com)and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation
    • Anoop Paul
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
        Dear All

        I do agree with the topic.I think it as a mistake to allow from our
        part to be called ourselves anything other than "SYRIAN ORTHODOX
        CHRISTIANS".If we(SYRIAN ORTHODOX) had not waived our(only our) right
        to use be called as ORTHODOX,i think that we could atleast avoid the false prophecy that there are two "KAKSHI" in malankara. How could they argue that there are two similar "SABHA"in malankara??There is no split up in SYRIAN ORTHODOX ....if somebody want to get seperated,they should be.But how they dare to use ORTHODOX among their identity... Why Should the members in methran kakshi have their identity as SYRIAN ORTHODOX in their identity proofs....now also they are not get separated themselves, and desperately need this identity to make a hold in all LITIGATIONS in courts.How long could anyone convey wrong signals and make others blind????

        Regards,
        Anoop Paul
        # 4021

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Alex Thomas wrote:

        > Dear All,
        >
        > Though I want to keep away from posting messages in SOCM-FORUM,
        about this issue I feel that I should initiate a debate and request
        deliberate, that most readers will want to know why there is a message
        �Avoid Pathriarkese� in SOCM_FORUM. The subject is not about avoiding
        our beloved HH Patriarch but about avoiding the usage �PATHRIARKESE
        FACTION� while we represent our Holy Church. It is a very sad thing
        that we ourselves are promoting a plot of the Devalokam think tanks.

      • Jithu Jacob
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
          I am also suggesting we can use "Jacobite Syrian Orthodox church".

          Jithu Jacob
          Regds,
          Jithu Jacob
          # 4008
        • Paulson Paul.V.
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
            Totally agree with Alex. The no.of obstacles we are facing day by
            day from the "Methran Faction" is a result of simple but sensitive
            matters we've ignored in the past, similar in this case. Many a
            times, we've dug our own grave, which our Church leaders should give
            it a thought. It would be great if this matter is taken to all our
            Church leaders and unanimously agree to call it as JSO Church, and
            not at all "Pathriarkese faction".

            God Bless

            In Peace,
            Paul
            # 1047

            --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Alex Thomas wrote:

            > Dear All,
            >
            > Though I want to keep away from posting messages in SOCM-FORUM,
            about this issue I feel that I should initiate a debate and request
            deliberate, that most readers will want to know why there is a
            message "Avoid Pathriarkese" in SOCM_FORUM. The subject is not about
            avoiding our beloved HH Patriarch but about avoiding the
            usage "PATHRIARKESE FACTION" while we represent our Holy Church. It
            is a very sad thing that we ourselves are promoting a plot of the
            Devalokam think tanks.

          • Vinup Vendrapill
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 4, 2008
              We are Syrian Orthodox and we have right to be called as Jacobite
              syrian orthodox chruch. They (IOC)should not use the word Orhtodox itself. How can they become an orthodox. IOC have only an history of 100 years from life time of vattesseril Methrachan. WHat is meaning of Orthodox. And new Sabha with new policies and faith ..how they can be an Orthodox.

              So what we have do we have use the name Jacobite Syrian Orthodox
              chruch in every where. and we should not address IOC as orhtodox
              churhc. They are only a faction with in our chruch or they are a
              seprate church with diffrent faith like Malakara reethu and Mathoma
              chruch.

              With regards
              Vinup Vendrapill
              Muscat.

              --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Alex Thomas wrote:

              > Dear All,
              >
              > Though I want to keep away from posting messages in SOCM-FORUM,
              about this issue I feel that I should initiate a debate and request
              deliberate, that most readers will want to know why there is a
              message "Avoid Pathriarkese" in SOCM_FORUM. The subject is not about
              avoiding our beloved HH Patriarch but about avoiding the
              usage "PATHRIARKESE FACTION" while we represent our Holy Church. It
              is a very sad thing that we ourselves are promoting a plot of the
              Devalokam think tanks.

              From the desk of the Moderator: