Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1457 , Feb 28, 2008
      "I have watched farmers sowing the same type of seed, and yet each one had different ideas of what he was doing. One was planning to pay off his debts. Another was hoping to get rich. Another wanted to be able to bring gifts to honor the Lord. Another was hoping to earn praise for his work from the passers-by in life. Someone else wanted to irritate a jealous neighbor, while there was yet another who did not want to be reproached by men for laziness. And as for the seeds thrown into the earth, their names are fasting, keeping vigil, almsgiving, service, and suchlike. So let our brethren in the Lord keep a careful eye on their motives."

      St. John Climacus.

      "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1457 of 1457 , Sep 1 6:07 PM

        "When the Church calls for repentance and the thoughts of the disobedient return to the thinking of the righteous, the Church has done its work and fulfilled its testimony.  The return of sinners is its greatest glorification, and the repentance of the disobedient is the incense it offers to its bridegroom to complete the joy of His heart."

           Fr. Matthew The Poor.

        "My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in."  Proverbs 3:11-12

        Prayer Requests:

        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.