We Must educate our Youngsters

  • J M Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2008
      Dear All,

      The Issue which was raised by Mr Alex and Mr. Johnson are absolutely prudent with the new development in the Chiurch in recent times. We must educate our youngsters the reason which caused to spit in our Church in 1912 and must told that there is no Indian Orthodox Church geographically and ecclesiastically while the Catholic factions is nothing but breakaway group of our Holy Church.

      Similarly Our church, including our managing commitee, should officialy demand that " the Catholicate faction must vacate from all churches come under their suzernaity established prior to 1912 which was in fact built by either the delegates of Patriarch of Antioc who had come to Malankara from time to time or Malankara Bishop ordained by the Holy See of Antioc so that the current Devalokam Catholica has no legal, moral, and relegious right over any of the said Churches"

      With regards
      J M Paul,
      Kolenchery
      ========================
      From the desk of the Moderator:
      (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com)and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.
    • Lijo Mathew
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
        Dear Mr.Paul,

        What you said is exactly right, because most of our youngsters are not aware of the history of the church and what exactly the reason which resulted in the split of the church. We must give additional importance in teaching the history of our church to the new generation through Sunday Schools. I think the present syllabus is not enough for this.

        Lijo Mathew Kavunkal
        # 3090
      • Shinu Jesus Abraham
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008
          Greetings to all

          Sorry for a late response for an old mail from Mr. Lijo on 3rd
          March. I just wanted to highlight the fact that it is not the Sunday
          school syllabus to be changed but our own reading habits.

          If we were to stop our learning from what we learn from the schools
          or colleges we will never achieve anything in life, but have to
          update/ upgrade your knowledge each and every day. We can never
          study all the church history from Sunday school alone. We can never
          understand the mysteries just from our Sunday school days. This
          should give you only a right base or right path the think which
          needed to be enhanced by continuous reading. It is worthwhile for
          all of us to think about it.

          Let me just share with you all two thoughts. First one did happen a
          couple of months back in SOCM forum itself. On of our respected
          priests was informing about the reprinting of one of his works with
          a footnote – if he is not able to get an order of 1000 copies
          beforehand, it will not be printed." Isn't it a big shame for all of
          us? A thousand copies cannot be sold among half a million population
          of SOC members?

          Secondly most of us know that our Very Respected Malpan,
          Kaniamparambil achen is an author of over 90 books. How many each of
          us have read them other than the regular prayer books and the
          Visudhagrandham? I shamefully admit that I got the opportunity to
          read just 2 books.

          Recently in Visvasasamrakshakan we saw the inauguration of a book
          shop in Puthenkurish Partriarchal Centre. Why we don't have a book
          shop in every diocese head quarters? Why we don't have a book shop
          in every major church? Why don't we think of having a library of all
          these books in each parish? Enhance the availability of these great
          books and every metropolitan and priests have to actively promote to
          all our SOC to encourage reading among all the members. The youth
          associations will have a major role to play in this. We have to
          learn many things from other denominations who do handle all these
          very efficiently. To my knowledge it was our own Valiya Thirumeni a
          hundred years back started the youth association in the name of "Mar
          Gregorious" with a great vision. It is worthwhile for us to think
          whether we did justice to the extent the saintly father dreamed of
          it.

          With the advent of electronic media we did improve a lot because of
          the wholehearted and dedicated works of a few members of our church
          (which reaches only a minority even), compared to the dark days of
          twisted versions of facts by Manorama and teachings of few others.
          But still we need to go a long way which is only possible through
          enhancing the knowledge of all our members in every regard for which
          reading is only medicine.

          May God bless us all.

          Shinu Jesus Abraham
          Member ID # 2908