Re:Use Brains, Avoid “Pathriarkese”

  • Bibu Philip Matthew
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 26, 2008
      Dear All

      In my opinion we should never say Pathriarkese ,we should never use word 'faction/kashi ' either.Because we belong to mother of all church' Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch'.In fact all other church can be even called a faction.

      The term 'Bava kashi' or Pathriarkese”faction were used initially by lawyers (who made a lot of money) to distinguish people and media like Manorama and many of our innocent people also used the same term.And the term church was replaced by faction,as if its is a political party.Its true that IOC is more or less a political party that can be called methran kashi.

      When people ask me which church i say " Syriac Orthodox church of Antioch ' then some ask which faction,then I say I dont belong to any faction I belong to the original church under Holy Apostolic Throne of Antioch and All the East'.

      Manorama who used Methran kashi later changed usage to Catholicose Paksham," this faction,kashi,Paksham" all, we should avoid,and its a mistake even our bishops saying that.They should say Syriac Orthodox church of Antioch or Jacobite Syrian Church, always.Our bishops should educate the media except manorama and our people about it.

      Another thing is Jacobites and SOCM Forum/moderators should not use HH before name of methran kashi catholicose,HH is only for Moran(Patriarch of Antioch and All the East) of Syriac Orthodox church and not for any faction,Socm forum should avoid such usage before methran kashi catholicose,as it is a self made title by a faction.

      Rgds,
      Bibu Philip Matthew
      Vayaliparambil Pynadath
      # 0074
    • Lijo Mathew
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2008
        Dear All,

        I support your suggestion. We must use Jacobite Syrian Church (yakkobayakkaran) instead of Pathriarkese faction.

        Lijo Mathew,
        3090
      • Vinup Pathrose
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 29, 2008
          Dear All

          We should use aleast officially parthiakeese vibhagam.. We Must Use
          our church name as "Jacobite Syrian Orthodox church". That is right
          way and should not use only Jacobite chruch. We should use Jacobite
          syrian orthodox chruch.

          Vinup Pathrose

          ========================
          From the desk of the Moderator:
          (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com)and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation
        • Anoop Paul
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
            Dear All

            I do agree with the topic.I think it as a mistake to allow from our
            part to be called ourselves anything other than "SYRIAN ORTHODOX
            CHRISTIANS".If we(SYRIAN ORTHODOX) had not waived our(only our) right
            to use be called as ORTHODOX,i think that we could atleast avoid the false prophecy that there are two "KAKSHI" in malankara. How could they argue that there are two similar "SABHA"in malankara??There is no split up in SYRIAN ORTHODOX ....if somebody want to get seperated,they should be.But how they dare to use ORTHODOX among their identity... Why Should the members in methran kakshi have their identity as SYRIAN ORTHODOX in their identity proofs....now also they are not get separated themselves, and desperately need this identity to make a hold in all LITIGATIONS in courts.How long could anyone convey wrong signals and make others blind????

            Regards,
            Anoop Paul
            # 4021

            --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Alex Thomas wrote:

            > Dear All,
            >
            > Though I want to keep away from posting messages in SOCM-FORUM,
            about this issue I feel that I should initiate a debate and request
            deliberate, that most readers will want to know why there is a message
            �Avoid Pathriarkese� in SOCM_FORUM. The subject is not about avoiding
            our beloved HH Patriarch but about avoiding the usage �PATHRIARKESE
            FACTION� while we represent our Holy Church. It is a very sad thing
            that we ourselves are promoting a plot of the Devalokam think tanks.

          • Jithu Jacob
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
              I am also suggesting we can use "Jacobite Syrian Orthodox church".

              Jithu Jacob
              Regds,
              Jithu Jacob
              # 4008
            • Paulson Paul.V.
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
                Totally agree with Alex. The no.of obstacles we are facing day by
                day from the "Methran Faction" is a result of simple but sensitive
                matters we've ignored in the past, similar in this case. Many a
                times, we've dug our own grave, which our Church leaders should give
                it a thought. It would be great if this matter is taken to all our
                Church leaders and unanimously agree to call it as JSO Church, and
                not at all "Pathriarkese faction".

                God Bless

                In Peace,
                Paul
                # 1047

                --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Alex Thomas wrote:

                > Dear All,
                >
                > Though I want to keep away from posting messages in SOCM-FORUM,
                about this issue I feel that I should initiate a debate and request
                deliberate, that most readers will want to know why there is a
                message "Avoid Pathriarkese" in SOCM_FORUM. The subject is not about
                avoiding our beloved HH Patriarch but about avoiding the
                usage "PATHRIARKESE FACTION" while we represent our Holy Church. It
                is a very sad thing that we ourselves are promoting a plot of the
                Devalokam think tanks.

              • Vinup Vendrapill
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 4, 2008
                  We are Syrian Orthodox and we have right to be called as Jacobite
                  syrian orthodox chruch. They (IOC)should not use the word Orhtodox itself. How can they become an orthodox. IOC have only an history of 100 years from life time of vattesseril Methrachan. WHat is meaning of Orthodox. And new Sabha with new policies and faith ..how they can be an Orthodox.

                  So what we have do we have use the name Jacobite Syrian Orthodox
                  chruch in every where. and we should not address IOC as orhtodox
                  churhc. They are only a faction with in our chruch or they are a
                  seprate church with diffrent faith like Malakara reethu and Mathoma
                  chruch.

                  With regards
                  Vinup Vendrapill
                  Muscat.

                  --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Alex Thomas wrote:

                  > Dear All,
                  >
                  > Though I want to keep away from posting messages in SOCM-FORUM,
                  about this issue I feel that I should initiate a debate and request
                  deliberate, that most readers will want to know why there is a
                  message "Avoid Pathriarkese" in SOCM_FORUM. The subject is not about
                  avoiding our beloved HH Patriarch but about avoiding the
                  usage "PATHRIARKESE FACTION" while we represent our Holy Church. It
                  is a very sad thing that we ourselves are promoting a plot of the
                  Devalokam think tanks.

                  From the desk of the Moderator: