ICC assumes role of a mediator

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2008
      NEDUMBASERRY: The Inter-Church Council had begun its efforts to settle down the church dispute at Malankara, said Mosool (Turkey) Diocese Archbishop Mar Gregorios Semon Saleeba at the Kochi airport on Monday.

      Archbishop Saleeba who was leading a ten-member pilgrim to attend the 76th Dokorono festival of Patriarch Elias-III, who was interred in Manjinikkara Dayara, arrived here as the representative of Patriarch Ignatios Zaka-I. The pilgrims included the relatives of the deceased Patriach Elias-III.

      Armenian Aram-I who was entrusted by ICC to mediate the dispute between Jacobite and Orthodox Churches, held a three-day discussion with Patriarch of Antioch Zaka-I, the spiritual leader of Jacobite Church, in Damascus last week, told Archbishop Saleeba.

      The ICC aimed at solving the issue amicably and permanently. The ICC wanted the Churches in Malankara should always witness the Christian doctrines. Patriarh Aram-I will visit Kerala positively in April. He will mainly discuss the issue with the leadership of Orthodox Church.

      Aram-I will also find time to hold discussion with both the factions separately and he will try to discuss with both the factions together.

      The Archbishop Saleeb and pilgrims were received by the faithful led by Manjinikkara Dayara Auxiliary Metropolitan Gregorios Mar Athanasios, Church spokesperson Fr Varghese Kallappara and Almadeepam editor C Y Varghese.

      Source: http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IER20080212211743&Page=R&Title=Kerala&Topic=0