Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1434 , Feb 3, 2008
      "Let everyone find out then where he is: how many milestones he has passed on the road. We ought not only to examine ourselves every day but also over a period of time, every month, and every week. `The first week I was a prey to such and such a fault - how do I stand now?' Similarly over a period of time: `Last year I was overcome so many times by such and such a fault, how about now?' And likewise we ought to examine for ourselves each of our faults - whether we have made a little progress or are in the same condition, or have become worse. For so long as we have not uprooted our evil tendencies, may God give us the strength not to give them free reign but to hold them in check. For it is a very grave thing to let loose our passions and not to check them."

      St. Dorotheos of Gaza.

      "For I know that the Lord is great, And our Lord is above all gods." Psalms 135:5
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1434 of 1434 , Jul 21 6:21 PM

        "Again we would say `If Adam died because of sin, He Who removed sin had to take away death too.' But just as Adam was told `The day you eat of the forbidden tree, you shall die,' but in fact he did not die; but rather he received a pledge of his death in the form of being stripped naked of the gory and his expulsion from Paradise, after which he was daily pondering on death. It is exactly the same with life in Christ: we have eaten His Body in place of the fruit of the Tree, and His altar has taken the place of the Garden of Eden for us; the curse has been washed away by His innocent blood, and in the hope of resurrection we await the life that is to come, and indeed we already walk in the new life, in that we already have a pledge of it."

           St. Ephrem the Syrian.

        "Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy."  Psalm 61:2-3

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith