Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1458 , Feb 3, 2008
      "Let everyone find out then where he is: how many milestones he has passed on the road. We ought not only to examine ourselves every day but also over a period of time, every month, and every week. `The first week I was a prey to such and such a fault - how do I stand now?' Similarly over a period of time: `Last year I was overcome so many times by such and such a fault, how about now?' And likewise we ought to examine for ourselves each of our faults - whether we have made a little progress or are in the same condition, or have become worse. For so long as we have not uprooted our evil tendencies, may God give us the strength not to give them free reign but to hold them in check. For it is a very grave thing to let loose our passions and not to check them."

      St. Dorotheos of Gaza.

      "For I know that the Lord is great, And our Lord is above all gods." Psalms 135:5
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1458 of 1458 , Sep 2 7:54 PM

        "The path travelled by the righteous has always been a hard one, my brethren. They have always been hard-pressed, either by those who do not believe in God or who hold a wrong belief. Abel was wronged by his brother Cain; Noah and Lot likewise by a wicked race of men; and Abraham, Isaac and Jacob by the heathen. But God never leaves the righteous to walk his hard way alone. This is clearly seen in the life of Isaac: 'I am the God of Abraham your father, do not fear.' Isaac understood these words, with their overflowing significance. By them, God gave him courage, and they were a reminder of His presence."

           St. Nikolai Velimirovich.

        "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"  2 Corinthians 5:17

        Prayer Requests:

        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.