Re:Truth behind the lies of the IOC

  • Varugese C J
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2008
      Dear All,

      It is a fact the now-a-days in the SOCM-FORUM we refrain from putting
      anything unpleasant to the larger Syrian Faithfuls, who are regular
      subscribers of this group mail. I think it is because we believe in the words of our Lord not to look for the prick that is in our brothers eye, forgetting what is in our own. This doesn't mean that we are constantly keeping a closed eye to all the mud-throwing tactics of the other faction, the IOC.

      As St. Thomas Christians of this great sub-continent in the South-East; both our factions inherit the same faith, same vestments and lot more in common. It doesn't mean that we can be carried away by few funatics from the other faction, which is trying to establish their new credentials to prove that the Indian Church is independent in all respects since AD 52. There are scores to historians trying to prove it with pure assumptions, without any clear evidence of their own. They forget the basic tenets of historial evidences one should have before venturing on writing a historical event. Recently I read in such a proclamation of one of their historians that the
      name "Jacobite" is being given after St. James, the brother of Jesus. The poor IOC-ians are now fed with such history.

      A few new entrants are 1958 are more vocal than the old-timers in IOC
      faction. It is fact the how the Malankara Reet lured people to their fold in n1930s (with money & honey); the same tactics are being put on practice by IOC in the northern dioceses, Mor Ougen was elevated to the post of Catholicos; their present Catholicos elect is also like that. The Moovattupuzha Athanasios and Thrissur Militeous is being given a monthly substance allowance, which ran into lakhs. By orchestrating a split in a Church with the help of a clergy and few among the parish members, they know that they will be controlling the rich Parishes, and thereby pocket the permanent income coming out of the immovable assets of that parish. It is interesting to note that all those who benefitted with such a split, are more vocal and others. Whereas in south the picture is exactly reverse to
      such scenario. The Jacobite Churches in south are either small; and the people broke away from IOC-ians about 70-80 years or more before and hence very much clear about their faith; and they do not come out with petty ambitions of making money out of such a move. In northern dioceses our people and leadership should be more vigilant against such a move. It is high time that we should turn away from any move of unity in any move; but only to extend our Great Christian value of LOVE; and consider it as a sister Church of same faith.

      The other faction is really worried too much on the growth of our Church. With each unity move in the past; we lost great opportunities of growth; but at last we are able to stand firm on our foot; and challenge the tall claim of Goliaths, and that really make them worry. Incidently, their tactics of mud-slinging of our Metropolitans remind me of selection of David, the shepherd to the throne of King. All his high-profile brothers were rejected
      by Jehovah, but the meek and weak sheperd boy David was chosen by the
      Prophet for the elevated post under instraction from Jehovah. It is evident that the worldly election to a high priest's position will make the incumbant act like political figures only. Since their election is made not by the Holy Spirit, but multitude of people; who are mere humans. The tall claim of democratic processes are all only on paper; but the push and pull behind the curtains are now being exposed by the media to the mass and hence their clergy are loosing ground; and the panic created by such a situation is very well visible in Devalokam turning into a Dvilslokam now-a-days.

      I feel sorry to put this mail; but compeled to do so due to pain and agony in hearing lies from not only from the laity, but also from among the clergy.

      With prayers,
      CJ Varughese
      Member ID 1012
    • Saju Paulose
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
        Dear Brothers Varghese C.J, T.M.Chacko, Paul Pothen, Bibu, Abraham
        Kurian, Sabu Alias, J. Kurien, Mathew G.M, Robin Mani and johnson,

        As long as the Jacobite Church has true sons like you people, nothing will happen to this Church. Angry dogs will bark and crazy wolves will howl. However, the mighty elephant-the great Jacobite Syriac Orthodox Church-will continue its proud royal walk with the great mahout-H.B. Baselios Thomas I-on its back holding the Patriarchal flag.

        Regards,

        Saju Paulose
        New York