A reply to the article by V. Geevarghese Mathew, Alwaye of ICON

  • Robin J Mani
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2008
      Sir, with all due respect your response to your earlier message
      doesn't make sense. You questioned the celibacy of our Jacobite
      Bishops and then say that your frustration is over our Bishops
      wearing trousers and shirts. I don't believe the two statements
      relate. Our Bishops wear Their vestments with the utmost respect and
      your frustration over factional disputes does not justify your
      untactful message. Furthermore, your point that Vattasseril
      Thirumeni offered to entomb Elias Bava at the Seminary is no big
      credit. When our Great Holy Father came to Malankara to establish
      peace, Bava Thirumeni lifted the excommunication on Vattasseril
      Thirumeni. The excommunication weighed heavily on Vattasseril
      Thirumeni. Also during this time the Orthodox Faction still
      considered themselves as part of the Syriac Orthodox Church, and
      thus offered the Seminary to entomb their Head, it is only recently
      that such an anti-Syriac Orthodox attitude has infected the Orthodox
      Faction. Also your comments on what Valiyaparambil Gregorious
      Thirumeni had said is very unbelievable because Thirumeni had wrote
      extensively on the Syriac Orthodox Church in Malankara and our
      relationship with the Holy See of Antioch. Thirumeni had been a
      staunch supporter of the Holy Throne of Antioch and His writing
      clearly defend that view. I have also heard that Vattaseril
      Thirumeni had dropped the IOC's constitution when He first read it
      due to shock over its contents, and interestingly the constitution
      was only ratified after Theremini's death. Finally, your view that
      there are "more true followers of the Syrian faith in the Orthodox
      faction than in the Patriarch faction" is total fabrication and
      outrageous. Our religious lives change as we grow older, it is a
      constant battle to live a good Christian life, this is something
      that we are all examples of. To declare "Orthodox People" are saints
      and Jacobites are less is very bias and unbecoming of a Christian.
      We as children of God strive to live according to our Heavenly
      Father's will, this is not a Characteristic found only in Orthodox
      People, but also Jacobite people. Sir, I am man that is much younger
      than you and find it very difficult that a man of your age would
      talk such a way about Bishops regardless of Faction. We should pray
      to God for strength and wisdom to due HIS will.

      Your servant in Christ,
      Robin J Mani
      St. Paul's Syriac Orthodox Church