Re: IOC forcefully entered Thrikkkunnathu Kabaridam

  • Paul Pothen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2008
      Dear All

      Yesterday when I wrote the latest about Thrikkunnathu incidents, the news from Manorama internet edition said that Niyuktha Catholica of IOC is sitting at the kabaridam of our pithakkanmar and I reported based on this. But as per the information received later on, Niyuktha Catholica was sitting not exactly at the kabaridam of our pithakkanmar but just in front of that where IOC’s former metran Philipose Theophilos thirumeni’s kabaridam is situated. However the prohibitory order by Police was for the entire thrikkunnathu pally compound and hence was applicable to this place also as it is a room attached to the thrikkunnathu pally and so it is difficult to differentiate between each of the kabaridams and pally. As many of us knew, this kabaridam of Theophilos thirumeni was built illegally and quickly to counter any possible claim from our side for the Thrikkunnathu pally in future. IOC under the initiative of Mannaraprayil achen later enclosed this kabaridam and made it a room and attached it to the old Kabaridam room. So now one cannot easily differentiate between the Kabaridam of our pithakkanmar with that of IOC’s Theophilos thirumeni or with the pally.

      It is heard that Theophilos thirumeni wanted his last resting place at Kottayam old seminary instead of thrikkunnathu as he knew that there are only a few supporters for IOC there and hence he feared that it will remain as a place of conflict which was tactfully and forcibly occupied by IOC in 1970’s. But the radicals in IOC were of the view that his kabaridam will make the position of IOC stronger at thrikkunnathu and hence inspite of his last wishes, Theophilos thirumeni was buried here. As anticipated IOC has a much stronger base now to claim the pally because of the kabaridam of Theophilos thirumeni. It was through a swift and cunning move that IOC built a room over the kabar of Theophilos thirumeni and attached it to the room of other Kabaridams. These are things which are known to everybody in that place.

      Paul Pothen
      Member ID # 3305