Republic Day Greetings

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2008
      It was the Lahore Session of the Indian National Congress at midnight
      of December 31, 1929 - January 1, 1930, that the Tri-Colour Flag was
      unfurled by the nationalists and a pledge taken that every year on
      January 26, the "Independence Day" would be celebrated and that the
      people would unceasingly strive for the establishment of a Sovereign
      Democratic Republic of India. The professed pledge was successfully
      redeemed on January 26, 1950, when the Constitution of India framed by
      the Constituent Assembly of India came into force, although the
      Independence from the British rule was achieved on August 15, 1947.

      We the moderators of this forum wish you all a Happy Republic Day.

      Let us all work together for the unity and development of our nation.

      Forum Moderators
      SOCM-FORUM