Latest from Thrikkunnathu

  • Paul Pothen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2008
      Today EARLY morning our people staying around thrikkunnathu seminary came to notice that two tourist buses parked inside the seminary compound which is immorally occupied by IOC for many years now. It must have came in late night yesterday. This is inspite of the police order restricting entry for outsiders into the seminary. Moreover the police station is nearby. Our people had already informed to this to the responsible authorities. There is a recent tendency in IOC to bring anti-social elements and put them in front in problematic churches of north wherever they have no people or little support. After the period of Malankara Varghese of perumbavoor, this trend was not seen for many years, but now again it is resurfacing with an ugly face.

      As per the latest news just received IOC Niyukathan and another of their bishop has entered the seminary and started a quick ‘prardhana yangjam’ inside the seminary chapel, may be to prevent any possible police intervention to allow both groups to enter the Kabar room. The buses seen early morning in seminary compound may have been bringing people with this in mind.

      Meanwhile our Bava thirumeni, bishops and our people are still continuing prayers in our kurishumthotty situated outside the seminary and Church compounds. We are continuously pleading with the government to allow our Bava thirumeni and clergy and people to pray at the tombs of our former Malankara metran Saint Paulose Mor Athanasius Valia thirumeni whose 55th memorial day is being observed today and tomorrow.

      It is an unfortunate thing that while IOC Catholica and bishops could pray at the tomb of their former Church head at Sasthomkotta with no problems, our Bava thirumeni and priests are prevented by IOC to pray at the tomb of our former Church head which is located in a property that was tactfully and cruelly occupied by IOC'ians after Vayaliparambil thirumeni's life period. IOC is once gain showing its ugliest face.

      Paul Pothen
      Ernakulam
      Member ID # 3305