Great Lent: A Faithful Pilgrim's Progress

  • Ypdkno Dr. Paul Samuel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2008
      Great Lent: A Faithful Pilgrim's Progress
      by Ypdkno Dr. Paul Samuel

      Christian is one who is in Christ. And to be in Christ means, to be in
      the body of Christ which is none other than the Holy Church. The
      faithful is always in a journey. This journey has been likened to the
      journey of the Israel to the promised land from the crutches of
      Pharaoh. The Church in this mortal world is only shadow of the one
      that is above which is the real Holy Church

      To read more:- http://www.socdigest.org/articles/01jan08.html
    • Suraj Iype
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2008
        Dear Editors,

        I enjoyed and found Ypdkno Dr. Paul Samuel's article on Great Lent http://www.socdigest.org/articles/01jan08.html to be very informative.

        However Sub deacon mentions Ash Wednesday in the article, from the accompanying paragraph I understood him to be referring "Middle of Lent liturgical service"/Pagdi Nombu.

        Why is the rationale behind calling it Ash Wednesday?
        Do correct me if I am wrong.

        Regards and prayers
        Suraj Iype
        # 1028
      • Rev. Dn.Dr.Paul Samuel
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2 12:17 AM
          Dear Mr. Suraj,

          Sorry for the accidental but serious error from my part in that article. Please re-read it as Mid Lent Wednesday, and not as Ash Wednesday.

          I got that term from one of the articles I previously read(but cant
          remember the source now).When searched about it, I realised the term
          was wrong.

          Anyway the query prompted me to correct it. Ash Wednesday is a Roman
          Catholic practice and it is the first Wednesday of the Lent. Its not
          in our tradition

          I apologise for the accidental but serious error.

          Thanks to Suraj for pointing it out.

          Regards
          Dn.Paul