The consecration of St.Ignatius Jacobite Syrian orthodox church, Meenadom

  • Jaimon Skaria
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2008
      The consecration of St.Ignatius Jacobite syrian orthodox church,
      Meenadom, Kottayam will be held on January 18,19 and 20.

      H.B.Baselius Thomas It will be the chief celebrant on the occasion.
      H.E.Thomas Mor themothiose, H.E. Joseph Mor Gregoriose and
      H.E.Geevarghese Mor Coorilose will be the co-celebrant on the
      occasion.

      A public meeting followed by the consecration will take place on
      January 19. Hon. Minister Vayalar Ravi will inagurate the public
      function. All are invited to participate this function.

      Jaimon Skaria
      ID No 0916
      St.George J.S.O.Church, Chicago
    • Binto Varhhese
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2008
        pls send the lists of Mlankara Metropolitans after Plikottil Mor Divnyosios...

        ========================
        From the desk of the Moderator:
        Please visit following links
        http://www.syrianchurch.org
        http://www.niranamdiocese.org

        (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com)and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.

      • Pathhikan
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2008
          Congratulations to the dear vicar & parishioners of St.Ignatius JSO
          Church, Meenadom, Kottayam on the occasion of consecration of that
          church. It absolutely provides a great feeling that our Holy Church
          is flourishing everywhere and the families of our brothers and
          sisters are growing in Holy Spirit.

          In the mean time, some of us, members of this Forum, feel so bad that the messages on our Forum are written/posted carelessly without
          scrutiny and editing. For example, read the message below of Jaimon
          Skaria; see how our H.B.Bava's name is written/printed (I am not
          repeating it, those who read, find the error).

          I am deeply sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings and pardon me, I am not trying to play smart. Someone has to speak out as these things happen very often. We are writing/printing the name of the local head of our church in India. See, if I intend to write a word as GOD and carelessly printing it in the opposite way!! Or if I start writing a letter and address my boss as "Deaf Sir" instead of "Dear Sir"? Come on, we need to do something here definitely. We should and we must bear in mind that there are crows searching out there to peck the garbage and spread it all over. We know that our dear Moderators can not filter each and every word of a message. They do a superb service for all of us. Let us do our part and keep up the prestige of our Forum.

          May God help us.

          Peace.

          Pathhikan
          Moderators Note:

          Thank you Mr. Pathikkan for pointing out the typo error in the message. Eventhough this inadvertent typo error from Jaimon is not to be considered as a 'great damage' to the name of our Bawa, we had pointed out our esteemed members on several occasions, that they should re-read their postings before sending it to the forum, in order to check any typo or grammatical error in it. We, the moderators, are also doing this service in between our heavy schedule of work, family and other social commitments, and you will appreciate that it will not be possible for us to read and correct every messages coming to the forum, before its posting. Hence, all members are once again requested to kindly cooperate with us to keep the forum in high esteem.