Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1858 , Jan 2, 2008
      "There is more joy in heaven over a converted sinner than over a righteous person standing firm. A leader in battle has more love for a soldier who returns after fleeing, and who valiantly pursues the enemy, than for one who never turned back, but who never acted valiantly either. A farmer has greater love for land which bears bruit fully, after he has cleared it of thorns, than for land which never had thorns but which never yielded a fruitful harvest."

      St. Gregory the Great.

      "Blessed is he who considers the poor; The Lord will deliver him in time of trouble." Psalms 40:1
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1858 of 1858 , Apr 19 6:41 PM
        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Let us become like Christ, since Christ became like us. Let us become God's for His sake, since He for ours became Man. He assumed the worse that He might give us the better; He became poor that we through His poverty might be rich; 2 Corinthians 8:9 He took upon Him the form of a servant that we might receive back our liberty; He came down that we might be exalted; He was tempted that we might conquer; He was dishonoured that He might glorify us; He died that He might save us; He ascended that He might draw to Himself us, who were lying low in the Fall of sin. Let us give all, offer all, to Him Who gave Himself a Ransom and a Reconciliation for us. But one can give nothing like oneself, understanding the Mystery, and becoming for His sake all that He became for ours."

        St. Gregory the Theologian, Oration On the Resurrection.

        "Blessed be the Lord God of Israel From everlasting to everlasting! And let all the people say, Amen! Praise the Lord!"  Psalm 106:48

        The Bible reading for the 12th of Baramoudah, April 20, is:
        11 Now it happened, the day after, that He went into a city called Nain; and many of His disciples went with Him, and a large crowd. 12 And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, Do not weep. 14 Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, Young man, I say to you, arise. 15 So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother. 16 Then fear came upon all, and they glorified God, saying, A great prophet has risen up among us; and, God has visited His people. 17 And this report about Him went throughout all Judea and all the surrounding region. (Luke 7:11-17)
        Departure of St. Alexander, Bishop of Jerusalem.
        Commemoration of St. Antonios, Bishop of Tamoui.

        The Bible reading for the 13th of Baramoudah, April 21, is: Mark 16:2-8
        Martyrdom of the Sts. Joshua and Joseph.
        Commemoration of Dionisa (Denisa) the Deaconess and Medius the Martyr.
        Departure of Pope Yoannis the Seventeenth, 105th. Patriarch of Alexandria.

        Prayer Requests:

        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness