Spiritual Words. Blessed New Year

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2007
      Beloved in Christ,

      Peace and Love.

      As we are about to celebrate the New Year with joy, let us celebrate the Creator of joy. 2007 brought many of us suffering and many of us joy, but I hope we were able to see God's support in it all. Indeed, our Lord carries us when we are no longer able to walk and supports us when we are jumping for joy. Please pray with me that we may feel our Lord's grace in our suffering and in our joy.

      This year, I'm asking God to help me get over my worries and fears.

      May God Bless you and grant you everlasting peace.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      God Bless.
      mark.

      "For those who are just beginning to long for holiness the path of virtue seems very rough and forbidding. It appears like this not because it really is difficult, but because our human nature from the womb is accustomed to the wide roads of sensual pleasure. But those who have traveled more than half its length find the path of virtue smooth and easy. For when a bad habit has been subjected to a good one through the energy of grace it is destroyed along with the remembrance of mindless pleasures; and thereafter the soul gladly journeys on all the ways of virtue. Thus, when the Lord first leads us into the path of salvation, He says: 'How narrow and strait is the way leading to the kingdom and few there are who follow it' (cf. Matt. 7:14); but to those who have firmly resolved to keep His holy commandments He says: 'For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light' (Matt. 11:30)."

      St. Diadochos of Photiki.
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2008
        "You find no difficulty in washing your clothes; how much easier is it for the Lord to cleanse you from every stain, although you are bound to be tempted every day. When you say to the Lord, 'I have sinned', He answers: 'Your sins are forgiven you; I am He who wipes them out and I will remember them no more' (Matt. 9:2; Isa. 43:25); 'as far as the east is from the west, so far have I removed your sins from you; and as a father shows compassion to his sons, so will I show compassion to you' (cf. Ps. 103:12-13)."

        St. John of Karpathos.

        "You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance." Psalm 65:11