Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1369 , Dec 27, 2007
      "When Scripture speaks of rod and staff (cf. Ps. 23:4), you should take these to signify in the prophetic sense judgment and providence, and in the moral sense psalmody and prayer. For when we are chastened by the Lord with the rod of correction (cf. I Cor. 11:32), this is so that we may learn how to mend our ways. And when we chasten our assailants with the rod of dauntless psalmody, we become established in prayer. Since we thus wield the rod and the staff of spiritual action, let us not cease to chasten and be chastened until we are wholly in the hands of providence and escape judgment both now and hereafter."

      St. Gregory of Sinai.

      "The fear of the Lord delights the heart, and gives gladness and joy and long life." Sirach 1:12

      Prayer Requests:

      Abanoub
      Fr. Sorial - Urgent
      Fr. Mina - Healing nicely
      Dr. Albert
      M.B.- Breast Cancer
      Mark - brain tumor
      Diana - unceasing "mean" voices in her head despite clinical treatment
      Fr. Anthony H.
      Luka-- May God unite him with his family.
      F.Z. may God help him in his service.
      Tasony Esther, May God heal her and comfort her.
      The urban mission trip to Rochester, St. Mary & St. Mark Coptic church in Mexico.
      Mary Y. - In intensive care
      Akmal T. - Major heart surgery.
      Amal M - Lymphoma Cancer.
      Shery - Undergoing a very RISKY and CRITICAL surgery to remove a tumor near her spinal chord.
      E.Salamah - Breast Cancer.
      Mena - Displaced mandibular joint.
      Esme - Severe lupus with heart & brain function involvement.
      Yvone Y. - Serious Eye Surgery. The doctors now feel she might not need the surgery at all.

      Susan - Spiritual and mental healing
      Dina - Spiritual healing and wisdom
      Carol - Rare autoimmune disease that's left her immobile.
      Karim
      Hayam R. - Cancer in her ovaries.
      Susu G. - Breast Cancer.
      MH - Major heart problems and in dire need of spiritual guidance.
      Tony H. - Colon cancer, kidney and heart problem.
      Ramy M - Insomnia and mental problem.
      Ghassan A. - Cancer. He has 3 kids.
      Maria B. - Lymphoma Cancer - away from God.
      Neveen S. - Brain Damage.
      N.S. - Breast cancer.
      Veronia - Newly born baby girl in intensive care with brain damage.
      Walter O. - Was operated on to have cancerous growths removed from inside his right lung.
      Celeste D. - Cancer.
      Nasr N. - Cancer.
      Angelita - Severe Insomia and Depression.
      Fr. Abraam.
      Susan - depression and spiritual healing.
      M.H. - Lymphoma
      Hoda - Depression and suicidal thoughts
      Ibrahim - Renounced his faith due to failures and hardships
      Steve, Paul, Victor, Frances, Foad - To experience and love Christ
      The family of Olympia.
      Greg - throat cancer
      Marian and Paul - Marian recently had a miscarriage
      Sophie - multiple health issues
      Fathia - dementia
      Family of HW who committed suicide
      Mark H - MS
      F. Saad - Heart Attack.
      Angel N. - Lymph Node Cancer - recovered, Pray it won't return
      Marina - A Highschool freshman with Leukemia
      R.T. - A 14 years old girl with Leukemia.
      S.Henin - Autoimmune Disease.
      Mike - recovering alcoholic, who lost his son to alcohol & drug addiction & suicide.
      Matt - May God have mercy on his soul
      Mark N - 20 years old with cancer and just started chemeotherapy.
      Berna, Raouf and Alex Halim - Serious car accident, Raouf is in the ICU.
      Wahid Girgus - MS
      Andrew and his parents - 10 days old infant with the Lymphatic nodes not working and other medical consequences.
      John and his parents - unborn baby with kidney damage.
      S. Magda - Health problems.
      M & O - Family problems
      Ariana - 3 1/2yrs, inoperable brain tumor
      Noussa B. - Heal her.
      Magdy B - Cancer.
      Megan - Hodgkins Lyphoma - Thank God, her Hodgkins Lymphoma is now in remission
      Abouna A - Prostate Cancer - unforuntately, now has brain cancer as well.
      Judi & John - Son with Severe Developmental Disabilities
      Anthony - Autism
      Christina - Chronic Pain
      Karen & Tony - Infertility - Thank God, They, had a Baby Boy (Garrett)
      Steve - Cancer (fighting it for 10 years +)
      Samiha - Dementia
      Adly - Parkinson's Disease
      The Christian Minority in Noshara, Pakistan.
      Nancy - Glass went into her right eye.
      L. Waters - Heart surgery. Mr. Waters is recovering nicely.
      K. Hood - Cancer. Kerri had a successful surgery.
      D. Arteaga - Surgery
      Fadia - Breast Cancer.
      Tara - Systematic Lupus and financial and family problems
      J.David - Depression,School,Drug problems, needs God's Guidance.
      George k - Cancer
      Frances - Brain Tumor
      Alber - Cancer
      K - Depression, anxiety, addiction, pride and spiritual estrangement
      E. Tawadros - Guide her to the right path and grant her wish.
      E. Sidhom - Cancer.
      Adel Gendy - 10 years old with kidney failure, needs a kidney transplant.
      Joseph - Prostrate Cancer
      Mary - Breast cancer
      A.K Matthew - Colon Cancer
      Enyat - severe diabetes.
      Samy - Bone cancer.
      MS - Mercy, Comfort, Strength, Healing and Protection
      AAM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      MM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      SE -- Love, Healing
      GE -- Love, Comfort, Strength, Support, Guidance
      Helen - severe epileptic seizures.
      Stephan - 48 years old, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, stroke.
      Scott - 4 months old baby desperately in need of a bone marrow donor.
      Douglas McLead - Cancer and kidney failure.
      Mrs. McLead - Parkinson disease.
      Fr Benjamin, Photini, Marina, Miriam, Moses.
      Nicholas - constant back pain.
      Michael - 9 years old boy with a progressive brain tumor.
      Sarah - Back problems and might need an operation soon.
      Mayrvat and her 3 kids. She has been separated from her kids.
      Elizabeth - bi-polar disease and other problems.
      Fr. Constantine S. Palassis - suffers from symptoms of dementia.
      Heidy - Depression and other problems.
      Esther - Intestinal problems.
      Nick - chemotherapy.
      Sue S. - Advanced Cancer.
      Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
      Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
      Shafika - kidney failure.
      Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes.
      Jean - Neurological back problems.
      Therese - Emotional problems.
      Reggie - Cancer.
      Detra - Stress related health problems.
      Walter Sr. - Depression.
      Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
      Cuba Plain - cancer that is high up in the breast.
      Zouhair - stomach cancer.
      Magdy - brain tumor.
      John Rittel - cancer of the lymph node and voice box.
      Eugene - completion of immigration procedures and securing a job.
      H. Adel - finish the immigration papers and preparation successfully.
      E.Tawadros - Guide her to the right ways and complete IT to the best it will be.
      Shareen - Stays out of trouble, gets closer to God, and Leads a pure life.
      Mark H - MS
      Mamdooh, Nahed, Marina and Cyril - May the will of The Lord be done.
      M. Michael, C. Michael, M. Michael, R. Michael and family and friends.
      M. M. Fayez.
      R. Farouk's Family
      Kristen and her brother
      David - To be close to a Church
      George - pass the final interview for a Job,to survive extreme debts.
      Kristina may God heal her and help Ed in school, and help Joan with her finance problems.
      Bassem - bare the severe circumstances he is passing through and give him peace.
      Alfred - needs guidance and acknowledgement of the right way.
      Hala - give her peace.
      Evette - let her find the right way and have satisfaction.
      Heba - give her the right decision.
      Mona - take care of her cause she's alone.
      William E. and Family
      Fr. Heinen and family.
      Norma, Laura and Ibrahim.
      Stephanie - autism, and for her family
      Dina's salvation
      Marie Y - Rheumatoid arthitis
      MMH: For guidance, strength, and wisdom
      Heidi - work problems, May God give her the right choice
      Luka - Autism and to relief his family
      Shery - in her school and Master preperation.
      Jarcie - legal and financial difficulties, and return her to Christ.
      Gabriel & family - May they find a suitable Orthodox Church to be catechized and baptized in.
      S.H. - Needs God's guidance to make the right career choice
      Mario F. - Grant solitude to his family and to repair all damaged relationships.
      STMCOC of DC mission trip to Africa and India this fall.
      The mission of the Coptic Church in Africa and throughout the world.
      ERA: The mission of the EgyptiansRelief.org in Egypt may God prosper all the work done everywhere the service is.
      Yvone - Dizziness and a bleeding mouth and nose.
      Widad - Cancer.
      Nour - God would reunite his broken family.
      Jimmy, Fady, Shady - To experience and love Christ.
      PM, EM, CM and JM - Salvation and to be brought to Christ.
      Fr. Wade+ and family - protection and support
      St. Andrews Mission, Lakeland, FL - new mission plant
      E and L - Solution to their problems according to God's will.
      Hani - To experience the love of Christ through salvation.
      Safwat - Away from God.
      A.S. - Find the right path.
      E.F. - Spiritual guidance from God to find his way back to Him.
      RMG & Family - Comfort & Peace in time of grief.
      Clara M - (3 years old) has Lukemia.
      F.Tawfik - High sugar level.
      Baby H.M.Hany - May God heal her.
      E.Tawadros - Difficult times, in need of God's guidance.
      Kamal G.
      Samir A.
      Hazem
      Shady S. - Guidance and support.
      Richard - Heart condition, sorrow and despair.
      Give peace and prosper to St Bishoy church - stouffville.
      Mariam - Show her compassion after being so broken hearted
      M&M: Family problems
      The Christians in Iraq, and those who have fled from there and are living destitute as refugees.
      A.S. - Gets closer to God

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1369 of 1369 , Apr 20 7:24 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Since the Logos of God though His descent to us has brought the kingdom of heaven close to us, let us not distance ourselves from it by leading an unrepentant life. Let us rather flee the wretchedness of those who sit `in darkness and the shadow of death' (Isa. 9:2). Let us acquire the fruits of repentance: a humble disposition, compunction and spiritual grief, a gentle and merciful heart that loves righteousness and pursues purity, peaceful, peace-making, patient in toil, glad to endure persecution, loss outrage, slander and suffering for the sake of truth and righteousness. For the kingdom of heaven or, rather, the King of heaven - ineffable in His generosity - is within us (cf. Luke 17:21); and to Him we should cleave through acts of repentance and patient endurance, loving as much as we can Him Who so dearly has loved us."

           St. Gregory Palamas.

        "If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.[d] On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter."  1 Peter 4:14-16

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.