A Question on the Message#11590 by Rev.John Kunjukunju

  • Pathhikan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2007
      Dear Moderators,

      Everything was good in the Message#11590 posted on our Forum on
      Dec.25th except...

      Some of us have a doubt on a point Rev.Kunjukunju wrote in the last
      paragraph of his message. Rev.Kunjukunju is evidently under the
      impression that our Holy Church is plagued with various problems that
      include some "foreign yoke" etc. Could you kindly explain what he
      meant by this "foreign yoke" expression? We need an answer as we are
      very much concerned about our Mother Church. Thank you.

      -quote-
      "Christianity is in crisis. As never before, Church is plagued by
      heresies,desertion, lack of faith, spiritual lethargy, disunity,
      strife, hatred,litigation, erosion of values, immorality, visionless
      selfish leadership,foreign yoke, etc. Should we not bitterly weep for
      the Mother-church?"

      Peace.

      Pathhikan
    • Saju Paulose
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2007
        Dear Pathhikan,

        The 'foreign yoke' that Rev. Kunjukunju mentioned must be about Jesus Christ or Saint Thomas. Ofcourse it is heart-breaking for an Indian Orthodox to see a foreigner like Jesus or Saint Thomas at the
        leader's role when the real saviour for them is Saint (?!) Vattassery. Also the 'foreign yoke' expression can be about the recent uncanonical ordination of a foreigner violating the 'Holy 1934 Constitution' of IOC.

        Don't worry about his usage of 'Holy Church' and 'Mother Church.' They can't make the Kottayam based dissident IOC the Mother Church. Let us consider it just as an ornamental usage like the 'Throne of Saint Thomas.'

        The Holy Syrian Orthodox Church is currently able to get cured from
        the affliction of any kind of plagues. Remember we threw out three
        plagues years back and now the IOC is afflicted with those plagues.
        And recently we also threw out a German plague. So there is no point
        to worry about the Holy Mother Church.

        Let me wish you and my fellow Holy Mother Church members a plague-
        free HAPPY NEW YEAR.

        Regards,

        Saju Paulose
        New York