"Drinking - Be Careful" by Joseph Y. Lee

  • Joseph Yosuk Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2007
      Drinking - Be Careful
      By Joseph Y. Lee

      To the Brothers and Sisters who are faithful in Christ
      Jesus:

      Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord
      Jesus Christ.

      I am always afraid to drink alcohol. I have never gotten
      drunk in my life, and I usually do not drink any alcohol.
      Maybe, I have a sip or two, but not more than that. Let
      me tell you why I am extremely uncomfortable about
      drinking. It is not because the Bible tells me not to
      drink.

      A Berkeley Alumni at Oak Ridge National Laboratory told
      me that there was a Korean girl who was really drunk
      some years ago before I went to Berkeley in 1989. Three
      football players were there with her, and they were all
      drunk. Tragically, she was raped and pressed charges
      against the football players. When this happened, the
      entire Berkeley campus staged a riot and many
      demonstrations. The Korean Student Association,
      the Asian Business Association, a number of African
      student associations, and a woman's organization
      staged all of the demonstrations, paralyzing the
      entire Berkeley campus.

      It was a big mess. Honestly, even though I have never
      fornicated in my life, never used illegal drugs,
      never smoked, never joined a gang, never got drunk,
      never went to a nude bar, and never murdered, I am
      no different inside from those football players in
      terms of my heart. I simply do not trust myself to
      drink. If you make one mistake, that one mistake
      can be enough to destroy your entire life. You can
      live a perfect life for 36 years, but just one
      mistake is enough to put you into a lot of trouble.
      Please don't take this chance.

      Thank you for your prayers.

      Grace be with all those who incorruptibly love our
      Lord Jesus Christ.

      Following the will of God,
      Joseph Yosuk Lee