Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1455 , Dec 26, 2007
      "So come, let us rise up, as many of us as wish to escape this slavery of the passions, and run to Christ, the true Master, so that we may acquire the title of His servants. Let us also strive to become such men as our discourse has just enumerated. Let us not, therefore, hold our salvation in contempt, nor fool ourselves and make excuses for our sins by saying, 'It is impossible for a man of the present generation ever to become such a person.' Neither let us philosophize against our own salvation, nor argue against our very souls. Because it is indeed possible, if we will it so, and so much so that free will alone can carry us up to that height. For where, as St. Basil says, there is a ready will, there is nothing to hinder."

      St. Symeon the New Theologian.

      "The fear of the Lord is the crown of wisdom, making peace and perfect health to flourish." Sirach 1:18
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1455 of 1455 , Aug 19 7:49 PM

        "Oh, how could heaven receive one who is called `wider than the heavens?' How could a grave contain the one who contained God? Yet surely it did receive her, surely it did make room for her; for that body was not `wider than heaven' in any spatial sense. |How, after all, can something three cubits long, something that grows more frail each day, be compared with the breadth and length of heaven? But in grace, surely, she surpassed the measure of every height and depth; for nothing can be compared with what is divine. O sacred, wonderful, august and adorable monument! Angels come to venerate it, standing by in much reverence and holy fear; the demons tremble; human beings come forward in faith, showing it honor and worship, venerating it with eyes and lips and yearning of soul, and drinking deep of its inexhaustible store of blessings."

           St. John of Damascus.

        "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace."  Romans 8:6

        Prayer Requests:

        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.