Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1392 , Dec 9, 2007
      "It is always a good thing to devote ourselves to seeking God, as we have been commanded. For although in the present life we are unable to arrive at the limit of God's depth, yet at least by reaching in some small way His depth we would see the holier among holy things and the more spiritual among spiritual things. This is clearly indicated in the figure of the high priest who from the holy place which is more sacred than the courtyard enters into the Holy of Holies which is more sacred than the holy place."

      St. Maximus the Confessor.

      "But he who glories, let him glory in the Lord." 2 Corinthians 10:17
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1392 of 1392 , May 21 8:21 PM

        "When the Savior heard the apostles, And saw the grief of those who loved Him, Then, like a father, He came to their aid, and pitied them, and said: `Do not mourn, My friends, it is not time for tears. Nor is this a day of lamentation, But it is a time of grace, for I ascend To My Father; I lift up My wings, And I come to rest in My tent; For I created the firmament of Heaven as a tent -- A tent not to circumscribe but to encircle Me. As Isaiah puts it: `God established Heaven as a vaulted arch And dwells in it as a tent.' He says to those who are His: `I am not separated from you; I am with you, and no one is against you.'"

           St. Romanos the Melodist.

        "And you who seek God, your hearts shall live. For the Lord hears the poor."  Psalm 69:32-33

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith