Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2001 , Dec 5 7:40 PM
      "Since then, as says the Lord in the Gospels, he that hath seen the Son sees the Father also; on this account he says that the Only-begotten is the express image of His Father's person. That this may be made still plainer I will quote also other passages of the apostle in which he calls the Son 'the image of the invisible God,' and again 'image of His goodness;' not because the image differs from the Archetype according to the definition of indivisibility and goodness, but that it may be shown that it is the same as the prototype, even though it be different. For the idea of the image would be lost were it not to preserve throughout the plain and invariable likeness. He therefore that has perception of the beauty of the image is made perceptive of the Archetype."

      St. Basil the Great.

      "We went through fire and through water; But You brought us out to rich fulfillment. I will go into Your house with burnt offerings; I will pay You my vows, Which my lips have uttered." Psalms 66:12-14
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2001 of 2001 , Dec 5 5:23 PM

        "If we are not about to offer to ourselves the help rendered by the fast because of bodily illness and at the same time display greater indifference, we will see ourselves in an unusual exaggerated way. For if the fast does not help us when all the aforementioned accomplishments are missing so much is the case when we display greater indifference because we cannot even use the medicine of fasting. Since you have learned these things from us, I pardon you, those who can, fast and you yourselves increase your acuteness and praiseworthy desire as much as possible."

        St. John Chrysostom, On Fasting.

        "God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world."  1 John 4:16b-17

        The Bible reading for the 27th of Hatour, December 6, is:
        35 Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Him, saying, Teacher, we want You to do for us whatever we ask. 36 And He said to them, What do you want Me to do for you? 37 They said to Him, Grant us that we may sit, one on Your right hand and the other on Your left, in Your glory. 38 But Jesus said to them, You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? 39 They said to Him, We are able. So Jesus said to them, You will indeed drink the cup that I drink, and with the baptism I am baptized with you will be baptized; 40 but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared. 41 And when the ten heard it, they began to be greatly displeased with James and John. 42 But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. 43 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. 44 And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. (Mark 10:35-45)
        Martyrdom of St. James the Mangled (Sawn).

        The Bible reading for the 28th of Hatour, December 7, is: John 16:20-33
        Martyrdom of St. Sarapamon, Bishop of Niku.

        Prayer Requests:

        Awad, L.
        Iskaros.
        Urgent: Teresa - serious complications from diabetes.
        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Tony H.. - Cancer.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.