Eldho Bava's Photo

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
      Greetings to all

      It was interesting to see a photo of Eldho bava in the church website
      of Akaparambu Church

      http://morsaboreafrothchurch.org/saints.htm

      How authentic is it? As per my knoledge there is no photo available of
      our saint. please correct me if I am worng.

      Requesting prayers

      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Member ID # 2908
    • Gleeson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2007
        Dear shinu,

        Same photograph (painting) is also kept at pallikara church. That painting is said to be a reproduction of some old painting which got destroyed.

        There is no proof for the authenticity of both these photograps/ paintings.

        rgds
        Gleeson
        1970
      • Shinu Jesus Abraham
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2007
          Dear Gleeson

          Thanks for the reply. This I believe is not something to be kept
          this vague. It can either be false or true. Hope someone responsible
          in our church will take up the issue seriously, investigate and keep
          clarity in this.

          Regards

          Shinu Jesus Abraham
          # 2908

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Gleeson wrote:

          > Dear shinu,
          >
          > Same photograph (painting) is also kept at pallikara church. That
          painting is said to be a reproduction of some old painting which got
          destroyed.

          > There is no proof for the authenticity of both these photograps/
          paintings.

          > rgds
          > Gleeson
          > 1970
        • Rev. Fr George Vayaliparambil
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2008
            I am Fr George Vayaliparambil.I yet to notice any photo /painting /w all painting of Maphriyono Mor Yaldo in our church ( Akaparambu Mor Sabore Afroth Church.)

            I think the photo which is shown on the home page is from the drawing we have in morakala St. Mary's Church. I think it may be the imagination of the artist.

            Regards
            slomo amkoon
            Kaseeso George.

            --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Shinu Jesus Abraham wrote:

            > Greetings to all
            >
            > It was interesting to see a photo of Eldho bava in the church website
            > of Akaparambu Church
            >
            > http://morsaboreafrothchurch.org/saints.htm
            >
            > How authentic is it? As per my knoledge there is no photo available
            of
            > our saint. please correct me if I am worng.
            >
            > Requesting prayers
            >
            > Shinu Jesus Abraham
            > Member ID # 2908
          • Shinu Jesus Abraham
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
              Greetings to All

              Thanks to George Achen for the kind reply. My doubt was - is it right to keep this portrait unless it is authenticated by the church? And if it is authentic why not be available for all.

              Thanks

              Shinu Jesus Abraham
              ID # 2908

              --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr George Vayaliparambil