Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1455 , Dec 2, 2007
      "I have seen good souls turn evil from the example of evil people, and it amazed me that they could so quickly shed their natural simplicity and innocence. But it is as easy for the honest to lapse as it is hard for evildoers to change their ways. Still, a genuine turning away from the world, obedience, and a guarding of the lips have often proved very effective and have wonderfully restored those who seemed to be beyond recall."

      St. John Climacus.

      "For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?" 1 Corinthians 4:7
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1455 of 1455 , Aug 19 7:49 PM

        "Oh, how could heaven receive one who is called `wider than the heavens?' How could a grave contain the one who contained God? Yet surely it did receive her, surely it did make room for her; for that body was not `wider than heaven' in any spatial sense. |How, after all, can something three cubits long, something that grows more frail each day, be compared with the breadth and length of heaven? But in grace, surely, she surpassed the measure of every height and depth; for nothing can be compared with what is divine. O sacred, wonderful, august and adorable monument! Angels come to venerate it, standing by in much reverence and holy fear; the demons tremble; human beings come forward in faith, showing it honor and worship, venerating it with eyes and lips and yearning of soul, and drinking deep of its inexhaustible store of blessings."

           St. John of Damascus.

        "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace."  Romans 8:6

        Prayer Requests:

        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.