What does the IOC website say about Parumala Thirumeni and Kothamangalam Bava?

  • Mathew G. M.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      The Indian Orthodox Church has an official website now.

      The following is what it says about Baselious Eldho Maphriana
      (Kothamangalam Bava)

      "After his (Mar Gregorious Abdul Jaleel of Jerusalem) time those two
      West Syrian dignitaries who came in 1685 intended to achieve the
      Patriarchal destination. But unfortunately they achieved nothing,
      because of the death of one soon after their arrival."

      http://tinyurl.com/2jla9o

      The following is what it says about Parumala Thirumeni.

      "He (Patriarch Ignatious Peter IV) consecrated 6 bishops (one of whom
      is Parumala Thirumeni) of his own accord himself without the consent of
      the church or of Dionysius V, taking from each of them registered deed,
      to ensure and strengthen but also over their dioceses. Indeed it was
      these new bishops formally and systematically not only West Syrianized
      their dioceses but also stabilized the jurisdictional claims of the
      Patriarch thereafter."

      http://tinyurl.com/2omv7v

      Though the history given on this site is so full of hate to the Syriac
      Orthodox Church and the Patriarch, the 'Gallery' section is a very
      useful resourse.

      It has many hymns from the Divine Liturgy, Holy Week and other
      important church occassions.

      http://tinyurl.com/2nudnq

      The really good thing is that it is recorded without the distractions
      of the drums, and the big orchestra. I wish our church also completely
      stopped the use of these musical instuments during the Liturgy. The
      drum beats completely disfugres the hymns. I have addressed this in two
      of my previous messages to this forum with no reply or interest from
      any of the members. I am posting them again, in the hope that there
      will be someone who will show some interest.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      Member ID # 0929