New administrative setup of Simhasana Churches

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, the supreme head of the Universal Syriac Orthodox Church, has been appointed H.G Geevargis Mor Athanasios as Assistant Metropolitan of Manjinikkara and Kunnamkulam Simhasana churches with effect from November 16, 2007 and relieved His Grace from charge at Damascus with effect from November 7, 2007.

      His Grace Mor Julius Kuriakose has been relieved from the charge of Mor Ignatios Dayro, Manjinikkara, w. e. f. November 15, 2007, and His Grace Mor Deevannasios Geevarghese has been appointed as the Metropolitan of Mor Ignatios Dayro, Manjinikkara, w. e. f. November 16, 2007. His Grace Mor Julius Kuriakose continues to hold charge of other Simhasana churches such as, Kunnamkulam, Elamkulam, Perumpilly etc. & His Grace Mor Deevannasios Geevarghese also continues to hold charge as the "Simhasana Metropolitan of Kottayam & Environs"

      SOCM News Bureau - KOCHI