Re: Communicant of the Roman Catholic church

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 29, 2007
      I have a friend who is Indian Orthodox, I wont name him, who attend
      Holy Qurbana at an Indian Orthodox Church and also made a pilgrimage
      to Sabrimala. Does this prove that Indian Orthodox Church is in
      communion with the Hindu Religion ?

      Your argument that SOC is in full communion with the RC based on the
      actions of one of the members of SOC, sounds just as ridiculous as
      the above argument.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      0929

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Fr.T.George wrote:

      > Dear Moderator,
      >
      > Thanks for your explanation. Dr.D.Babu Paul(Bar eetho!) once told
      me that while he was a regular communicant of the St.Peter's
      Jacobite syrian Orthodox church,Punnan road,Trivandrum on every
      sunday morning, he used to be a regular communicant of the Roman
      Catholic church at Palayam,Trivandrum as well in the very same
      evening. How would you justify this based on your explantion?

      > Yours in Orthodox faith,
      > Fr.T.George
      > Ireland

    • Mathew G M
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2007
        Dear Fr George,

        You are accussing the SOC of leaning more towards Rome.

        From my understanding it is not an Orthodox tradition to use three
        dimensional statues of saints in churches. We only use icons.

        If you click on the following link you can see a photo of Mar
        Osthathios a very senior bishop in the IOC installing a statue of St. Mary in Niranam church. I haven't been to Niranam church recently and dont know if that statue is still there.

        http://tinyurl.com/yo3mdm

        So does this prove that the Indian Orthodox Church is now accepting
        the Latin tradition of installing concrete statues of saints in
        churches? I don't think so.

        So please dont take an isolated incident of a song released in a
        cassette at Manarcadu and extrapolate and say the Holy Syriac
        Orthodox Church is going to end up a rite of the Roman Catholic
        Church.

        However if we can resolve all the christological controversies and
        have a union of Western (Roman), Eastern (Greek) and Oriental
        Orthodox Churches to have One Holy Catholic and Apostolic church;
        isnt it a good thing ?

        In Christ,
        Mathew G M

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Fr.T.George wrote:
        How would you justify the stance taken by jacobite church in having
        intercommunion with the Roman catholic church which upholds the
        doctrine of Immaculate conception of St.Mary? The intercommunion
        means one church and one faith. The over emphasis given to the
        veneration of St.Mary than what we ought to have to Christ, in the
        Syrian jacobite church is something indicative that you are in the
      • Lijo Mathew
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
          Dear Fr. George

          Is there any new comment about the ordination of someone which was conducted by IOC bishops.Dear respected fr., is there any proper stand for IOC leadership or just like that, any one can ordinate anybody at any time. Why "pope of kottayam" not making any comment on the matter. What will be the stand of new bishop. Do he will be under Devalokam? We feel sympathy to your leadership in this matter. Dont forget one thing, Your church is carrying three guys who cheated us. They will follow the same if they get better chances.

          My god help ...........

          Lijo Mathew
          ID 3090
        • Babu David
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 10, 2007
            Dear Lijo

            Now they are three plus four.Most recenty they will ordain either a Catholicose & a Patriarch in India or in Europe.

            Regards
            Babu David
          • Lijo Mathew
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 12, 2007
              Dear Babu,

              This ordination just proved that they are not following the 1934 constitution, because it requires at least three motropolitans for such a function. Actually I am surprised, because the third one Nicolause was not present in the place. May be he is still sitting on the wall thinking that which side he has to jump.

              Lijo Mathew