You Know What is Happening in Vadakara...

  • Rev Fr. Joby Skaria
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2007
      Dear in Christ,

      As we were going through lot of unity calls in our forum and the forum of the dissident faction (IOC) I would love to narrate the experiences in St. John's Jacobite Church Vadakara, which is my home parish. As many of you are aware, this parish has more than 1300 families and more than 90 percent of which belongs to Jacobite Syrian Church. Three years before, the Honorable High Cort of Kerala approved the Election of the Church in which all the Jacobite Candidates won over Indian Orthodox Candidadates with a large majourity. However, they are now trying to create problems in the church. They Indian Orthodox faction, with the help of "turn aside" priest and Vicar claims that they conducted "Pothuyogam" and try to create problems in the Church. The Sunday before last at Koothattukulam Chappel the above said priest told to the parishioners while being at the Church " I am happy to be with you. But if I come back to you they (the Methran Kakshi People) will kill me".

      I know this may be little bit improper to put this message here. But I am putting it here just to remind my brothers that this is the attitude of the so called dissident faction who lelf the Universal Syrian Orthodox church in 1970's by claiming the uncanonical throne of St. Thomas. I just want to highlight the cheep tactics of Indian Orthodox people in pressurising their own clergy.

      I pray and wish that may almighty God help them to understand their fautlst and encourage them to return to the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church.

      Fr. Joby Skaria
      Vicar, St. Gregorios Syrian Orthodox Church, Dublin, Ireland.