Re: Communicant of the Roman Catholic church

  • Fr.T.George
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 28, 2007
      Dear Moderator,

      Thanks for your explanation. Dr.D.Babu Paul(Bar eetho!) once told me that while he was a regular communicant of the St.Peter's Jacobite syrian Orthodox church,Punnan road,Trivandrum on every sunday morning, he used to be a regular communicant of the Roman Catholic church at Palayam,Trivandrum as well in the very same evening. How would you justify this based on your explantion?

      Yours in Orthodox faith,
      Fr.T.George
      Ireland
    • Mathew G M
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 29, 2007
        I have a friend who is Indian Orthodox, I wont name him, who attend
        Holy Qurbana at an Indian Orthodox Church and also made a pilgrimage
        to Sabrimala. Does this prove that Indian Orthodox Church is in
        communion with the Hindu Religion ?

        Your argument that SOC is in full communion with the RC based on the
        actions of one of the members of SOC, sounds just as ridiculous as
        the above argument.

        In Christ,
        Mathew G M
        0929

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Fr.T.George wrote:

        > Dear Moderator,
        >
        > Thanks for your explanation. Dr.D.Babu Paul(Bar eetho!) once told
        me that while he was a regular communicant of the St.Peter's
        Jacobite syrian Orthodox church,Punnan road,Trivandrum on every
        sunday morning, he used to be a regular communicant of the Roman
        Catholic church at Palayam,Trivandrum as well in the very same
        evening. How would you justify this based on your explantion?

        > Yours in Orthodox faith,
        > Fr.T.George
        > Ireland

      • Mathew G M
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2007
          Dear Fr George,

          You are accussing the SOC of leaning more towards Rome.

          From my understanding it is not an Orthodox tradition to use three
          dimensional statues of saints in churches. We only use icons.

          If you click on the following link you can see a photo of Mar
          Osthathios a very senior bishop in the IOC installing a statue of St. Mary in Niranam church. I haven't been to Niranam church recently and dont know if that statue is still there.

          http://tinyurl.com/yo3mdm

          So does this prove that the Indian Orthodox Church is now accepting
          the Latin tradition of installing concrete statues of saints in
          churches? I don't think so.

          So please dont take an isolated incident of a song released in a
          cassette at Manarcadu and extrapolate and say the Holy Syriac
          Orthodox Church is going to end up a rite of the Roman Catholic
          Church.

          However if we can resolve all the christological controversies and
          have a union of Western (Roman), Eastern (Greek) and Oriental
          Orthodox Churches to have One Holy Catholic and Apostolic church;
          isnt it a good thing ?

          In Christ,
          Mathew G M

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Fr.T.George wrote:
          How would you justify the stance taken by jacobite church in having
          intercommunion with the Roman catholic church which upholds the
          doctrine of Immaculate conception of St.Mary? The intercommunion
          means one church and one faith. The over emphasis given to the
          veneration of St.Mary than what we ought to have to Christ, in the
          Syrian jacobite church is something indicative that you are in the
        • Lijo Mathew
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
            Dear Fr. George

            Is there any new comment about the ordination of someone which was conducted by IOC bishops.Dear respected fr., is there any proper stand for IOC leadership or just like that, any one can ordinate anybody at any time. Why "pope of kottayam" not making any comment on the matter. What will be the stand of new bishop. Do he will be under Devalokam? We feel sympathy to your leadership in this matter. Dont forget one thing, Your church is carrying three guys who cheated us. They will follow the same if they get better chances.

            My god help ...........

            Lijo Mathew
            ID 3090
          • Babu David
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 10, 2007
              Dear Lijo

              Now they are three plus four.Most recenty they will ordain either a Catholicose & a Patriarch in India or in Europe.

              Regards
              Babu David
            • Lijo Mathew
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 12, 2007
                Dear Babu,

                This ordination just proved that they are not following the 1934 constitution, because it requires at least three motropolitans for such a function. Actually I am surprised, because the third one Nicolause was not present in the place. May be he is still sitting on the wall thinking that which side he has to jump.

                Lijo Mathew