Message from Joseph Gregorios Metropolitan on 3 ex-Suryoyo rambans ordination issue

  • H.E Joseph Mor Gregorios
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2007
      Dear All

      It came to our notice that two of the three Monks who left the Holy Syriac Orthodox Church about five years ago is spreading false news in Europe that two of them were ordained bishops here in India last week by Maphryono / Catholicos of Indian Orthodox Church. In reality nothing like that has happened to the best of our knowledge.

      These three Monks left our Holy Church quarrelling with our former Metropolitan of the archdiocese of Europe Mor Julius Yeshu Cicek of blessed memory. Though many attempts were made by late Mor Julius Yeshu Cicek to sort of the problems they never bothered to obey the Church rules and hence were naturally remaining out of the preview of the Holy Church for many years now.

      But in recent times there was a rumour that they have been in regular contact with one of our former metropolitans who left the Church and joined the Indian Orthodox Church some 10 years ago.

      Three weeks back these three monks along with the parents of one monk came to our State and stayed at some unknown destinations. It was heard that while in India they have made several unsuccessful attempts through their friends here to get ordained as bishops of the Indian Orthodox Church in Europe. However after a few days stay here they returned to Europe. But now it is heard that they are sending faux messages to our parishes there, pretending to be ordained bishop by Maphryono / Catholicos of Indian Orthodox Church and are trying to create troubles there.To the best of our knowledge nothing such has happened while they were in India and hence may I advise all our brethren to be vigil at the spreading of such faux reports.

      Joseph Gregorios Metropolitan
      Malankara Synod Secretary
      Kyomtha Seminary,
      Thiruvankulam