Speak God's Word

  • Saju Varghese
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2007
      Speak God's Word
      EPHESIANS 6:17

      17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

      The sword, or weapon, of the spirit is not the Bible laying on a shelf, but God's Word being spoken by a believer.

      You must take it. Your spiritual weapon is speaking the Word of God. You must take the Word and speak it — just like Jesus did (Matthew 4:4).

      Our battle is not against humans, but evil spiritual forces, which requires us to use spiritual weapons to prevail and prosper. That weapon is speaking the Word of God.

      Evil spiritual forces were seen in our community, Church and even at our home. They enter with sweet word and not God's Word. They will cheat, they are not righteous people. They will not fulfill their commitment/role with morale. We cannot trust them. Because they are with partiality and with full of selfishness. These above charector we are seeing now in the community. But our aim is not against the human being but evil spirit. We have to remove evil spirit by God's Word and save humans.

      Jesus defeated the devil for you. However, you must enforce that defeat by speaking and standing in agreement with God. Only then will you see Jesus' victory manifest in your life.

      Of course, before you can speak the Word, you have to know the Word. It must be fed in before you can expect it to come out in a time of need. And you never know when you will be attacked with something designed to steal, kill, and destroy you.

      Keep on saying what God's Word says -- no matter what.

      HEBREWS 10:23
      23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

      Hang on tight to speaking the Word, because the devil doesn't want you to stick with the Word. Count on being tempted to NOT say what God says. The devil does not want you to use your spiritual weapon of speaking the Word.

      Speak the Word of God:
      1. To yourself first.
      2. To God in thanks and praise.
      3. To the devil.
      4. To circumstances.

      With best wishes,

      Saju C.Varghese
      St.Peter's Cathedral
      New Delhi
      [St.Thomas Church, N.Parur]
    • Georgey Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2012
        Speak God's Word

        EPHESIANS 6:17 NKJ
[...]

        HEBREWS 10:23 NKJ
        23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

        Hang on tight to speaking the Word, because the devil doesn't want you to stick with the Word. Count on being tempted to NOT say what God says. The devil does not want you to use your spiritual weapon of speaking the Word.

        Speak the Word of God:
        1. To yourself first.
        2. To God in thanks and praise.
        3. To the devil.
        4. To circumstances.

        SAY THIS: I will say what God says. I will keep God's Word in my mouth.

        Georgey Thomas