"God Chose the Weak" by Joseph Y. Lee

  • Joseph Yosuk Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2007
      But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised, God has chosen, the things that are not, that might nullify the things that are, that no man should boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom from God, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, just as it
      is written, Let him who boasts, boasts in the Lord.
      1 Corinthians 1:27-?31
      Does everyone agree that we are all weak? Does everyone believe that we are the base things of the world? Does everyone believe that we are despised by the world? Does everyone believe that we are foolish? We all have nothing to boast in God's presence. We cannot even boast
      about our free will because our will as well as our emotions and minds is tainted with sin. This is called Total Depravity. My e?mails and prayers are all filthy rags. (Isaiah 64:6)

      If everyone agrees that we are weak, lowly, foolish, and despised, this is the first step in understanding that we are sinners. Knowing
      that we are sinners helps us realize that we need His grace.

      Joseph Yosuk Lee