Re: PLEASE OPEN THE CLOSED CHURCHES

  • Greg Varghese
    Message 1 of 3395 , Nov 24, 2007
      Dear Mr. Wingert,

      From the Ecumenical Council of Oriental Orthodox Churches in 1965 in
      Addis Abba, Ethiopia, the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church (or the
      Indian Orthodox Church) was/is/and will be confirmed as a truly
      Orthodox having not deviated from the teachings of the Church
      fathers according to the three Ecumenical councils. The claim that
      the MOSC is not Orthodox has no support and is quite outrageous and
      hypocritical. I do not have to mention it but the Oriental Orthodox
      Communion consists of SIX churches namely that of the Armenian
      Orthodox Church, the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria, the
      Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, the Eritrean Orthodox Tewahedo
      Church, the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, and the Syriac
      Orthodox Church. Such a statement about one of the churches within
      the Communion results in disregard of the unity held by the rest of
      the five churches.

      Perhaps, the allegation made can be interpreted as confusing the
      MOSC with a one Malabar Indepedent Syrian Church (of Thozhiyur)
      which is Oriental Orthodox in tradition and utilizes the West Syriac
      liturgical rites, but is not considered an (Oriental) Orthodox
      Church.

      In either way, stating that the MOSC is not Orthodox is baseless and
      does not justify reason to join the SOC when both churches share the
      same liturgical tradition and faith.

      Greg Varghese

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mike Wingert wrote:

      > Dear Joykutty,
      >
      > It is very wonderful to see a member of the IO group such as
      yourself take a stand and demand that the churches should be
      opened. Far too often, people in your group talk of peace, but few
      will take a stand to do what is right. I believe you are a good
      example and I'm happy to be your friend.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3395 of 3395 , Nov 30
        Dear honorable members

        Greetings in HIS name