Re: WHY THESE HARVEST FESTIVALS ???

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2007
      Greetings to all

      Dear friend, I don't know why you were afraid to reveal your identity while posting your message. But I can see you are criticizing a very noble act, without understanding what is happening with the collections of hundreds of people in the middle east who participate in the annual "harvest festival" to generate funds to help the needy back in kerala (mainly). This is done in almost all the denominations and is helping a lot of unfortunate at the time of need. As far as I know ALL the amount collected in contributions are directly going to this noble cause and the programs are conducted ONLY through sponsorships in all the churches/ denominations. If you know at-least one family how much this help has meant to them at the time of need or if at-least one letter you go through from them may help you to understand the value of this "harvest festival" and you must not have raised this question.

      Most probably your vicar should be able to share a lot of experiences and letters if you can reach him directly. Be a part of it, generously donate and be active in it to remove all the mis-conceptions about the church activities and He will reward you in abundance. Yes you are right that some people like to take a centre-
      stage of the functions without contributing anything to the main cause, leave them and pray for them – we should not judge each of those just because we don't have the right to.

      May God bless us all.

      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Member ID # 2908

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, SOCM Member wrote:

      > Now-a-days it is a practice in almost all the churches in Middle
      East to