Re: Pope of India !!!

  • Chandy Samuel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2007
      Fr. George

      If we peep into the last 100 year history of both the Syrian Jacobite Church and the opposite Malankara Orthodox Church, we can see that only the Malankara Orthodox Church had tried to come under the fold of the Roman Catholic Church and that too not with the intention of unity in faith, but only to settle a score with their own brothers in Christ. This happened in 1920-30 period, as a result of which Mar Ivanios, (a bishop ordained soon after the Malankara Orthodox Church was carved out of the Jacobite Syrian Church in 1912) left the Malankara Orthodox Church to form a Malankara Catholic Church under Pope. These are all history known very well to the elderly people in Malankara Orthodox Church itself.

      C S Samuel, Kumarakom
      Kottayam
      2352