Family conference of our Jacobite Syrian Orthodox parishes in UAE

  • John K.Samuel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2007
      Family conference of our Jacobite Syrian Orthodox parishes in UAE.

      Message from the General Convener

      Dear brothers & sisters in Christ,

      We are into the third family conference of our Jacobite Syrian Orthodox parishes in UAE and I am happy that it is being held at Mor Ignatius Jacobie Syrian Orthodox Cathedral, Dubai on Sunday, 02 December 2007.

      While seeking blessings from God Almighty, we humbly request prayers
      from His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch & All the East, Supreme Head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church and His Beatitude Baselious Thomas I, Catholicose.

      The first conference was held in Dubai, followed by the second conference at St. Mary�s Jacobite Soonoro Church, Sharjah - both proving to be a good retreat for our families, youth, teenagers and children. Counselling classes, Bible studies, inspiring talks on faith and church matters and an evening of family entertainment were the main activities.

      Ably led by our Diocesan Metropolitan, His Grace Dr. Kuriakose Mor
      Theohilose, this year�s gathering will also witness by God�s infinite grace, a day of unity and fellowship under the theme based on Acts of the Apostles 10:2 � �Devout and God fearing family stay together and help one another.�

      We look forward to welcoming all our priests and members from the various parishes in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Al Ain, Fujairah, and Ras Al Khaimah. We also take this opportunity to thank all the conveners and members who have contributed and worked hard towards the success of this event.

      Yours sincerely,
      John K.Samuel
      General Convener