Veneration of a Statue in Indian Orthodox Church.

  • Aji Thomas David
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
      According to Malayala Manoram Daily 2002 September 05, H.G. Dr.
      Geevarghese Mar Ostahthious venerated a statue of St. Mary & Infant
      Jesus in front of the Main Holy Altar of St. Mary's Orthodox Church,
      Niranam. (Picture also published stating the ceremony and showing H.G
      & parish Vicar Fr. Varghese Chacko standing in front of the statue).
      When IOC criticizing the Ettu Noyambu and Nada Thurakkal of Manarcadu
      Church, is this action can be justified? Or is it their long term
      plan to divert their members from Manarcadu Church to Niranum Church?
      In my knowledge, no statues are allowed in our Churches, only Icons
      are allowed to keep in the Church. Can any scholars in this forum
      elaborate the action of venerating a statue in Oriental Orthodox
      parishes?

      In Christ
      Aji Thomas David
    • Saji Chacko
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
        Thanks a loat for your mail and i amglad to
        to know aboutyou in details.Even i am christian
        I am beleving in God and every things i am doing
        by the grace of him. So keep in touch and
        With Prayers,
        Saji.
      • MalankaraVoice
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002