Re: New found sympathy of Methran Kakshi

  • Mike Wingert
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2007
      Dear Chacko,

      Two types of sympathy should be evoked in the case of the IOC.

      The first is for the innocent people who are being deceived everyday.
      Now such people are being inundated with those who were a plague
      on Christianity, weather it be certain ex-bishops who the IOC people
      do not even trust, or with Joseph Tarzi, Ph.D.

      Sympathy should be felt also for the wicked who are trying to
      orchestrate this unholiness. Even they are children of God; if only
      they could experience the joy of Christ's loving kindness, there
      wouldn't be any problem.

      Joseph Tarzi, Ph.D., should not be addressed as "Fr. Tarzi" as the man is no longer a priest. In being polite, it is nice to refer to him as a man who has earned a doctorate.

      Interestingly, Tarzi was very anti-Assyrian, anti-IOC when he was the
      sole priest for some 800 families at one parish--St. Ephraim in
      Burbank, CA. Perhaps he can be included in the next edition of "Ivar
      Paranjirunnathingane Ennal Ippol...?"

      I'm very disappointed in this guy, who at one time was a father in our community. I also lament the condition of his spiritual children, who are fed a steady diet of poison.

      The fact that human beings claiming to be Christian can look at these
      people and ignore the anti-Gospel they are preaching is very
      disturbing. When people pass these problems off as if they are simply 'politics', such people are being either incredibly lazy or themselves living an anti-Gospel. What can testify of the life of Christ better than our own lives? We are put on this earth only once, so why anyone could waste this life that God gave us, fighting over properties and driving the youth away from Orthodoxy is beyond my comprehension.

      Matthew 7:15-20
      15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing
      but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their
      fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 So,every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. 18 A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will know them by their fruits.

      The reason why Joseph Tarzi, Ph.D., is no longer an issue in
      California is because he is known by his fruits. If one has any
      honesty and wants to know this situation, simply observe the status of St. Ephraim Cathedral during the reign of Tarzi, and observe it now. Let one's honest evaluation of the two be a testimony.

      So while Tarzi's own people have fled him in droves, only his
      loyalists survive... who will listen to him while everyone else has
      stopped? Clearly, he is trying to involve himself in the affairs of
      other communities, such as those of Europe or Kerala, and get some
      sort of attention. But soon enough, Europe and Kerala (both the
      Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church and the IOC) will have heard enough
      of this stupidity just as we in California have.

      It is very, very sad to see a human being fall so deeply into sin.
      God is loving; God is merciful. Though I need to spend my time on
      this earth removing the plank from my own eye, I cannot help but feel
      sorrow our fellow human beings, who being poisoned themselves,
      continue poisoning others.

      Let each of us produce good fruit.

      Mike Wingert
      St. Ephraim Syriac Orthodox Cathedral, Burbank, CA