The 'unity calls' in front and a new drama behind the scene!!!

  • Varkey Titus
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 18, 2007
      Hi dear friends,

      If any of you are watching the IOC forum recently, you should have seen the flood of "call for unity" messages coming even from the hard core IOCeans, after the defected Athanasios's article published in his diocesan bullettin. Eventhough this article was written by Athansios after years of his desperation in Devalokam camp, its intention was to get some support for him from Devalokam Church. This aim was timely torpedoed by another Bishop aspirant of theirs, through his own publication!!

      While these so called "unity" calls were spreading through IOC forums, another defected metran was very hardly trying to woe some suroyo people from Europe, with the assistance of an ex-communicated suroyo priest of California, where the metran "established" a 'mission centre' for his people-less diocese. A very reliable source in Devloakam informed me that one of the disgruntled suroyo ramban (ex-Syriac orthodox) ate the bait and is now in Devalokam with other two people and they are planning to ordain him as a "Bishop" for making Devalokam Church a 'Universal Church', to counter Syrian Orthodox Church!!!!! May be as part of the bait, these suroyo people were given a luxurious shopping at a prominent textile showroom in Kochi, from where they bought mainly 'Sarees', God only knows for whom!!! Might be for stitching their ordination Kappas !!!! However, we can see soon a 'Suroyo Bishop' emerging from Devalokam and may be then elevated to the title of 'Patriarch of Antioch' in the near future!!!! Thus, Devalokam can claim a 'Patriarch of Antioch', who is 'approved' by them!!!!!

      The Devalokam Church's mentality will never gets changed, as it is said in the malayalam adage "Pattiyude vaal pantheerandu kaalam kuzhalil ittalum nivarukayilla"!!!! Let us wait and see the 'behind the scene drama', as it unfolds.

      Regards

      Varkey Titus
      Member Id # 1024
    • Alex John
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 19, 2007
        Dear Sir,

        In the near future we can able to see one POPE under the leadership of the "mighty" Devalokam Catholicos. There is no words to express these situation, but there is one saying in malayalam "Kulathil kidakkum Thavala kanda lokam".

        Alex John

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Varkey Titus wrote:

        > Hi dear friends,
        >
        > If any of you are watching the IOC forum recently, you should have seen the flood of "call for unity" messages coming even from the hard core IOCeans, after the defected Athanasios's article published in his diocesan bullettin. Eventhough this article was written by Athansios after years of his desperation in Devalokam camp, its intention was to get some support for him from Devalokam Church. This aim was timely torpedoed by another Bishop aspirant of theirs, through his own publication!!

      • Fr. T.George
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 20, 2007
          Dear Mr. Alex,

          Who can be against the will of God Almighty.? It was pope HH. John Paul II who addresed the Catholicose of the East as the Pope of India for the first time. If it is God's will, it will be done.

          Fr. T.George
          Ireland
        • Alex John
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 20, 2007
            Dear Fr,

            This is not God's will, this is just a man made drama to
            capture Jacobite properties. Each jacobite and orthodox member from
            the north side of kerala is aware of this. I am from the most affected diocese of Jacobite church, here what i have seen is the drama created by the defected Bishop and his followers just for their existence. Otherwise they wont get any respect at Devalokam.

            One church near koothattukulam has a strength of 140+ families, in that 6 families are in methran faction. All these people shifted their side along with Muvathupuzha Athanasious, do you think that they shifted the side due to some strong Malankara Orthodox belief? Never father never, its all because of the personal connections with Athanasious. So in near future if thirumeni shifted to some other factions, all those people will follow him, thats all.

            I know very well that this thirumeni gave instructions to his followers to create any nasty issue in St: Mary's Jacobite Church, Edayar, Koothattukulam to make it closed. Bcoz those guyz know very well that they are not going to get that church.

            Dear Fr, can you tell me how the above mentioned churches became ORTHODOX churches (Courtesy: Methran faction publications) after 1996 only. Till that time what was the status of all these churches. Answer is very simple, till that time methran faction doesn't have any one in that area to make a claim for all these churches, after 1996 methran faction started saying that all these strong JACOBITE churches are ORTHODOX churches. Nice na? They have tried their level best to close down St: Marys church Edayar, But GOD was with us. And this is called as GOD's WILL.

            Thanks,
            Alex John
          • Shinu Jesus Abraham
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 21, 2007
              Greetings to all

              reproducing an old link for those who have not got a chance to read
              it before.

              http://www.geocities.com/malankaraorthodoxfaith/ThomasAthanasius_Initial_Page.htm

              Regards

              Shinu Jesus Abraham
              Member ID # 2908
            • Rev. Fr. K. Mani Rajan
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 22, 2007
                Dear Mr. Alex John,

                The IOC was born in 1912 deceptively. They live that way.

                In 1964 a letter was handed over to H. H. Yacoub III stating that the Patriarch is accepted subject to the 1934 constitution. Patriarch was not a party in the framing of the constitution. H. H. replied: I haven't seen the constitution or its provisions; how will that constitution bind me? However, their stand was legally valid.

                Subsequently, the then Catholicos wanted to bring all Simhasana Churches and Institutions under him. H. H. was inclined to do that in the interest of peace. That resulted in the taking over of Kunnamkulam Simhasana church by the then diocesan Metropolitan of Kochi. Litigations started in 1959 and still continue. The property of the Holy Throne of Antioch such as Kizhakambalam Dyro is now in the possession of the IOC group. The headquarters of Ankamali Diocese is in the custody of the IOC. What did we achieve by unity in 1958?

                In 1974, after the institution of the Church Case with 1064 churches listed, faithful having allegiance to the Patriarch of Antioch constructed over 100 churches. These churches were recorded as participated in the 2002 Parumala Association. Binami people are signing documents. IOC has a mechanism of falsifying records which make their wishes legally valid.

                Why do we even think of unity? What is the agenda of unity? To loose all those churches constructed since 1974. Many of them have registered constitution and legally valid stand in the eye of law. The fact remains that 2002 constitution is yet to be legally validated.

                There are counter productive propaganda about unity? The Greater India Diocese is also has a legally valid constitution. The Knanaya Diocese has an independent stand because of its constitution. We must learn from our mistakes. The same mistake cannot be repeated. Therefore, my humble request is to stop talking about unity. While unity talks are in progress, IOC people will collude for another activity. Don’t believe this people. They are people with legal mind and thinking always how to get at the property and wealth of the faithful under the Patriarch of Antioch.

                Fr. K. Mani Rajan
              • Alex John
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 25, 2007
                  Dear brothers,

                  In the methran faction forum, they have started discussion regarding reorganization of their Diocese. We have nothing to do with the reorganization of their Diocese, but one interesting fact what i have seen is, one suggestion is the creation of Kothamangalam Diocese, provided there should be more churches in Angamali and Kandanad Diocese. Great Idea !!!!!!!!!!

                  Alex