Re: Breaking News: Manarkadu Church

  • Varghese George
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
      Hi Reji

      What is the breaking news with regard to Manarcadu Church. I looked
      through the Deepika site. (Dieget 323) I could not find anything ????

      Dear Mr. Varghese / Members of the forum

      If your email option is selected to "Daily Digest", you wont be receiving
      any html messages or any attachments. These are only available with
      "Individual Mail" option. If you wants to change the mail options please
      write to Forum Moderators or you can do it by visiting the Forum pages.
      We keep every one's status as Daily digests and that help every one in not
      filling up of your mail box every day with indiividual mails.
      The news which are in the html format can be read only by going to the
      yahoogroup's website and signing in by using the user name and password of
      your e mail address.
      The message in Digest # 323 under "Breaking News: Manarcadu Church" was posted
      by the webmaster of Deepika Daily, related to the "Nada Thurakkal" of Manarcadu
      Church. It was available in Deepika's internet edition under the "Breaking
      News".

      In Our Lords Love
      Forum Moderators.
    • Aji Thomas David
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
        According to Malayala Manoram Daily 2002 September 05, H.G. Dr.
        Geevarghese Mar Ostahthious venerated a statue of St. Mary & Infant
        Jesus in front of the Main Holy Altar of St. Mary's Orthodox Church,
        Niranam. (Picture also published stating the ceremony and showing H.G
        & parish Vicar Fr. Varghese Chacko standing in front of the statue).
        When IOC criticizing the Ettu Noyambu and Nada Thurakkal of Manarcadu
        Church, is this action can be justified? Or is it their long term
        plan to divert their members from Manarcadu Church to Niranum Church?
        In my knowledge, no statues are allowed in our Churches, only Icons
        are allowed to keep in the Church. Can any scholars in this forum
        elaborate the action of venerating a statue in Oriental Orthodox
        parishes?

        In Christ
        Aji Thomas David
      • Saji Chacko
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
          Thanks a loat for your mail and i amglad to
          to know aboutyou in details.Even i am christian
          I am beleving in God and every things i am doing
          by the grace of him. So keep in touch and
          With Prayers,
          Saji.
        • MalankaraVoice
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
          • Thomas Daniel
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
              Nativity of Our Most Holy LadyTheotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary

              <http://www.goarch.org/images/eImages/SMALL/VMNATIVT.JPG>

              September 8
              Apolytikion:

              Fourth Tone

              Your birth, O Theotokos, brought joy to the whole world, for from you
              dawned the sun of righteousness, Christ our God. Freeing us from the
              curse,
              He gave us His blessings. Abolishing death, He granted us eternal
              life.
              Kontakion:

              Fourth Tone

              In your holy birth, Immaculate One, Joachim and Anna were rid of the
              shame
              of childlessness; Adam and Eve of the corruption of death. And so
              your
              people, free of the guilt of their sins, celebrate crying: "The
              barren one
              gives birth to the Theotokos, who nourishes our life."

              APOLYTIKION COURTESY OF NARTHEX PRESS
              KONTAKION COURTESY OF NARTHEX PRESS

              http://www.goarch.org/en/chapel/saints.asp?contentid=2041#