Re: Grabbibg some ones churches?

  • SajeevAbraham@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2002
      Dear Sir,

      Thank you for sending this e-mail to me. It is very sad that the
      Malankara Church disputes ( between Catholicos and Patriach group)
      has come to a point where the leaders of both these churches are
      ignoring the teaching of Jesus Christ and the principles of
      Christianity. What is going on Malankara Chruches in kerala.
      Every day the news papers bring news about fight among these fragment of
      people in different part of kerala claiming the ownership of churches.
      Now H.H Beselius Catholicos ( Kottayam Catholicos) trying to take over
      the Manarcadu church by any means. Is this was the teaching of Christ?
      Please excuse me in telling this, He should be better of, if He read
      a chapter from the holy bible before he leave to taker over somebody's
      church. This is a shame on all christian community in India. Are these
      Sprirtual leaders are the true disciples of Christ? Shame on them.
      How much money they are wasting in court for their power while thousands
      and thousands of people have no job, no money to send their children
      in college or having a house of their own. But they dont care. They
      care only their "Simhasanam". Our people should pray to God to change
      this situations. That is the only thing we can do.

      with love in christ,
      Sajeev Abraham
      New Jersey
    • Varghese George
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
        Hi Reji

        What is the breaking news with regard to Manarcadu Church. I looked
        through the Deepika site. (Dieget 323) I could not find anything ????

        Dear Mr. Varghese / Members of the forum

        If your email option is selected to "Daily Digest", you wont be receiving
        any html messages or any attachments. These are only available with
        "Individual Mail" option. If you wants to change the mail options please
        write to Forum Moderators or you can do it by visiting the Forum pages.
        We keep every one's status as Daily digests and that help every one in not
        filling up of your mail box every day with indiividual mails.
        The news which are in the html format can be read only by going to the
        yahoogroup's website and signing in by using the user name and password of
        your e mail address.
        The message in Digest # 323 under "Breaking News: Manarcadu Church" was posted
        by the webmaster of Deepika Daily, related to the "Nada Thurakkal" of Manarcadu
        Church. It was available in Deepika's internet edition under the "Breaking
        News".

        In Our Lords Love
        Forum Moderators.
      • Aji Thomas David
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
          According to Malayala Manoram Daily 2002 September 05, H.G. Dr.
          Geevarghese Mar Ostahthious venerated a statue of St. Mary & Infant
          Jesus in front of the Main Holy Altar of St. Mary's Orthodox Church,
          Niranam. (Picture also published stating the ceremony and showing H.G
          & parish Vicar Fr. Varghese Chacko standing in front of the statue).
          When IOC criticizing the Ettu Noyambu and Nada Thurakkal of Manarcadu
          Church, is this action can be justified? Or is it their long term
          plan to divert their members from Manarcadu Church to Niranum Church?
          In my knowledge, no statues are allowed in our Churches, only Icons
          are allowed to keep in the Church. Can any scholars in this forum
          elaborate the action of venerating a statue in Oriental Orthodox
          parishes?

          In Christ
          Aji Thomas David
        • Saji Chacko
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
            Thanks a loat for your mail and i amglad to
            to know aboutyou in details.Even i am christian
            I am beleving in God and every things i am doing
            by the grace of him. So keep in touch and
            With Prayers,
            Saji.
          • MalankaraVoice
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
            • Thomas Daniel
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002
                Nativity of Our Most Holy LadyTheotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary

                <http://www.goarch.org/images/eImages/SMALL/VMNATIVT.JPG>

                September 8
                Apolytikion:

                Fourth Tone

                Your birth, O Theotokos, brought joy to the whole world, for from you
                dawned the sun of righteousness, Christ our God. Freeing us from the
                curse,
                He gave us His blessings. Abolishing death, He granted us eternal
                life.
                Kontakion:

                Fourth Tone

                In your holy birth, Immaculate One, Joachim and Anna were rid of the
                shame
                of childlessness; Adam and Eve of the corruption of death. And so
                your
                people, free of the guilt of their sins, celebrate crying: "The
                barren one
                gives birth to the Theotokos, who nourishes our life."

                APOLYTIKION COURTESY OF NARTHEX PRESS
                KONTAKION COURTESY OF NARTHEX PRESS

                http://www.goarch.org/en/chapel/saints.asp?contentid=2041#