Re: Priest Name

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2007
      Saino

      Thanks to shemmachan for the reply. I do agree with most of it but I
      personally believe priest do have more responsibility to stick to
      the right practice because lately I felt most of the newly ordained
      are using the maiden name (not only in SOC alone but most of the
      Christian community) rather than the ordained name and some names do
      not reflect any Reverence or meaning.

      Being out of my native place for a long time for studies and
      employment I did get very little chance to attend much ordination,
      but one still remain in my memory by Perumpally Thirumeni and later
      during H.G's speech it was mentioned "Nammude Atmiya Udarathil
      janicha nammude priya makan, Kassissa…" So is it right for somebody
      to stick to the maiden name after this? Being orthodox I believe it
      the duty of our church to encourage the use of ordained name.

      May God bless us all.

      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Member ID # 2908

      N.B – My grandfather (my Godfather too) who was a priest by name
      Jesus, himself registered me in the school as "Shinu Jesus Abraham"
      even-though my baptism register is "Yesudas" -:) - sorry I am not a
      good singer..