Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1393 , Nov 4, 2007
      "To every careful thinker there is a gain, saith the proverb; and Christ implied more than this, when He said, 'He that seeketh findeth.' Wherefore it does not occur to me any more to wonder how Philip followed Christ. Andrew was persuaded when he had heard from John, and Peter the same from Andrew, but Philip not having learned anything from any but Christ Who said to him only this, 'Follow Me,' straightway obeyed, and went not back, but even became a preacher to others. For he ran to Nathanael and said to him, 'We have found Him of whom Moses in the Law and the Prophets did write.' Seest thou what a thoughtful mind he had, now assiduously he meditated on the writings of Moses, and expected the Advent? for the expression, 'we have found' belongs always to those who are in some way seeking."

      St. John Chrysostom.

      "Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?" So He said, "I will certainly be with you." Exodus 3:11,12
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1393 of 1393 , May 24 9:15 PM

        "The fathers tell us that there are various methods of resisting the temptations of the mind and various ways of defeating them, according to the strength of the one who struggles: one may either pray against evil thoughts or enter into contention with them, or else turn them away by contempt. The last method is that of the most perfect souls. As for contending with our thoughts, this too is a method suitable to those who are in progress. Beginners and weak souls should pray, evoking good thoughts against evil imaginings, for St. Isaac teaches that passions should be circumvented by the guile of virtues. When we are assailed by delusions, so that we cannot pray humbly and in interior silence, we should take arms again them, displacing evil thoughts by good ones."

           St. Nilus of Sora.

        "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous."  Romans 5:19

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith