Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1415 , Nov 4, 2007
      "To every careful thinker there is a gain, saith the proverb; and Christ implied more than this, when He said, 'He that seeketh findeth.' Wherefore it does not occur to me any more to wonder how Philip followed Christ. Andrew was persuaded when he had heard from John, and Peter the same from Andrew, but Philip not having learned anything from any but Christ Who said to him only this, 'Follow Me,' straightway obeyed, and went not back, but even became a preacher to others. For he ran to Nathanael and said to him, 'We have found Him of whom Moses in the Law and the Prophets did write.' Seest thou what a thoughtful mind he had, now assiduously he meditated on the writings of Moses, and expected the Advent? for the expression, 'we have found' belongs always to those who are in some way seeking."

      St. John Chrysostom.

      "Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?" So He said, "I will certainly be with you." Exodus 3:11,12
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1415 of 1415 , Jun 23

        "Again, it is from the Scriptures that we learn how to travel on the road of virtuous conduct, for in them all the fine deeds of the just life are delineated. Just as one cannot see anything without light, for it is light that enables us to see, as it is written `By Thy light we see light,' similarly, without the light of the Scriptures we are unable to see God, Who is Light, or His justice, which is filled with light."

           Abba Martyrius.

        "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any."  1 Corinthians 6:12

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.