Peace

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
      I thought that Jesus came to this earth to bring peace and that he represents grace, mercy and love.

      How would you explain Mathew10, verse 34-36?
      "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
      "'a man against his father,
      a daughter against her mother,
      a daughter-in-law against her mother- in- law
      a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.

      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C
      From the desk of the Moderator:

      (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com)and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.
    • Shajil Kuriachan
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2007
        Dear Friend Shibu Podiyan,Washington D.C

        You will get the answer to your question from St. Mathew Chapter 10 (same chapter you have mentioned )verses 32,33,37,38 and 39...... and please try to read the whole chapter(at least the verses just above and below ) before sending a query about one or two verses.

        Regards
        Shajil
        # 3099