New HQ for Niranam consecrated

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2007
      New HQ for Niranam consecrated

      The consecration ceremony of the new headquarters of the Niranam diocese at Mazhuvangad, Thiruvalla, named after Chathuruthil St. Gregorios Bava (Parumala Thirumeni), was held on the saints 105th memorial Day on 2nd November 2007. His Beatitude Catholicos Mor Baselios Thomas I led the services assisted by a number of Metropolitans of the Malankara Church.

      Prior to the consecration ceremony, a grand rally was held welcoming Catholicos and all the metropolitans. The rally started from Cross junction in Thiruvalla and reached the diocesan centre at 3.30 pm. At 4.00 pm , the consecration ceremony of St. Gregorios Centre of Niranam began. H.B. Baselios Thomas I Catholicos led the services assisted by Metropolitans Their Graces Abraham Mor Severios of Angamaly, Geevarghese Mor Polycarpus of E.A.E., Thomas Mor Thimotheos of Kottayam and Greater India Archdiocese, Malankara Synod secretary Joseph Mor Gregorios of Kochi, Kuriakose Mor Julius of Simhasana churches, Mathews Mor Ivanios of Kandanad, Yuhanon Mor Milithios of Thumpamon, Mathews Mor Aphrem of High Range area of Angamali and Markose Mor Chrysostomos of EAE.

      His Grace the Most Rev Dr Joseph Mar Thoma Metropolitan, supreme head of the Marthoma Syrian Church, and H.E. Thomas Mar Koorilose, Archbishop of the Malankara Syrian Catholic Church participated in the consecration ceremony of the St. Gregorios Centre and also during the public function held soon after at the nearby St. Mary�s church., Mr. Mathew T Thomas, Minister of State and Mr. Jayakumar, Chairman,Thiruvalla, were also present during the occasion.

      After the consecration ceremony, the public meeting started inside the church at 5.30 pm. The meeting began with the welcome speech by the diocesan Metropolitan H.G. Geevarghese Mor Koorilos. Immediately thereafter the Patriarchal blessings from the Holy Father H.H. Ignatius Zakka I was read out by H.G. Thomas Mor Thimotheos, Metropolitan of Kottayam and Greater India Archdiocese. Later Catholicos H.B. Baselios Thomas I delivered the speech followed by Minister of State, Mr. Mathew T Thomas, His Grace the Most Rev Dr Joseph Mar Thoma Metropolitan, H.E. Thomas Mar Koorilose, Archbishop of the Malankara Syrian Catholic Church, Mr. Jayakumar, Chairman,Thiruvalla, etc. etc.....

      Official website website of the diocese, http://www.Niranamdiocese.org was inaugurated by Catholicos during the function.

      The photos of the consecration ceremony
      http://www.syrianchurch.org/Photos/NiranamHq2Nov07/index.html

      SOCM News Bureau