"The Cross"

  • Joseph Y. Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2007
      The Cross
      By Joseph Y. Lee

      To the Brothers and Sisters who are faithful in Christ
      Jesus:

      Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord
      Jesus Christ.

      Many brothers had disappointed me when I was a graduate
      student in Irvine. Even though I never used illegal
      drugs, never went to a nude bar, never smoked, never got
      drunk, never murdered, never fornicated, and never joined
      a violent gang, many of my Christian friends in Irvine
      treated me as if I had done all of these sins. I knew I
      was no different from those sinners, who did all of those
      sins. Despite my honesty, I was ostracized and often felt
      not welcomed by other believers. I believed that I was
      ostracized when I struggled with loneliness and anger.
      I was extremely sad and alone.

      Despite my sadness and loneliness, I also knew that Jesus
      never used illegal drugs, never went to a nude bar, never
      smoked, never got drunk, never murdered, never fornicated,
      and never joined a violent gang, and yet we crucified Him
      on the cross. He did not deserve to be crucified on the
      cross. When I realized this, I realized how big the cross
      was.

      Thank you for your prayers.

      Grace be with all those who incorruptibly love our Lord
      Jesus Christ.

      Following the will of God,
      Joseph Yosuk Lee
      # 0944